Jan 9, 2008

I've Come to Realize....

I've come to realize that, I talk:
without thinking sometimes.

I've come to realize that, I love:
My baby and husband more than anything in this world.

I've come to realize that, I have:
More than I deserve.

I've come to realize that, I've lost:
a lot of friends over the years.

I've come to realize that, I hate how:
superficial we all are (me included).

I’ve come to realize that, Marriage is:
Something I cherish.

I've come to realize that, somewhere, someone is thinking:
about my family and me.

I've come to realize that, I'll always have:
a wonderful family! Friends may come and go, but family is forever!

I've come to realize that, The last time I truly cried:
Gosh...last week because I was homesick for California.

I've come to realize that, My cell phone:
doesn't ring as often as it used to.

I've come to realize that, When I wake up in the morning:
What time is it? Cole...GO BACK TO SLEEP!!

I've come to realize that, Before I go to sleep at night I:
Am so grateful for all that I have...a wonderful husband, a beautiful baby boy, amazing parents, awesome friends and a gorgeous house!

I've come to realize that, Right now I am thinking about:
how I'm soooo excited to go home in February and see my family and friends who I miss.

I've come to realize that, Babies:
are so much work, but such a blessing.

I've come to realize that, I get on myspace:
Waaaaay too much, but this is how I stay in touch with friends.

I've come to realize, that today:
will be an even better day than yesterday.

I've come to realize, that tonight I will:
take Cole for a walk and watch T.V. (It's January so I hardly see my husband :)

I've come to realize that, college was:
The BEST time of my life!

I've come to realize that, Tomorrow I will:
go to dinner with some girlfriends. I really need that right about now...

I've come to realize that, I really want:
to finish furnishing my house!!!

I've come to realize that my last kiss:
was from the sweetest, most adorable guy ever.....my baby Cole!! The one before that was from my loving hubby!

2 sweet comments:

ambrosiaski said...

Katie,
I started reading this poem simply thinking, "this is pretty." Then I realized, "oh, Katie wrote this!" I read the entire thing, and I find it refreshing to see someone focusing on what they do have. You have a refreshing perspective on life. So many of us need a new, positive perspective--letting go of wants and embracing what we have.
Much Love to you & your family,Skila

JenGeyer said...

I loved reading this and also love knowing that I get to be a part of that family you cherish (as do I). Thank you so much for sharing and helping me to focus on the things I cherish in my life tonight. Jen:)