Feb 13, 2008

I guess no news is good news!

FINALLY!! After all the tears and the worrying and the frustration I got a phone call today from the neurosurgeon. Thanks to the persistant nature of my husband! The doctor said that everything looks good with Cole's head. The ventricals have increased just a little since the last MRI, but nothing that causes concern! I have a big weight that was just lifted off of my shoulders! He wants to meet with us in the next few weeks to sit down and go over the MRI and see Cole again. Oh, and everything is fine to fly on Friday!!! So that means.....We are coming home!! I can't wait to see my parents and my best friends! Thank you for all of your love and support during this time and a big thank you to all of my really great friends out here in Texas! I can't leave out all of my new online friends! I love that we have all become a big Internet family and I hope to meet you and your beautiful babies one day soon! It's a really great thing when people can come together and bond over a difficult situation and turn it into something so positive. You really don't know how much I appreciate all the support! Just letting me cry and vent to you means so much! Now, just because things are ok with Cole's head now doesn't mean that in the future he won't need surgery. We are just going to cross our fingers and say a prayer that things don't progress! He will need MRI's again (probably once a year) just to monitor things, but they can mostly chart his head growth and follow him clinically! Thank you again!

11 sweet comments:

Tricia said...

That is so great that you don't have to go through surgery right now!!! You can really enjoy your trip "home" this weekend without the worry and stress of not knowing what is going on. It was great to see you today. I would love to get together for lunch or something when you get back to TX.

Jennjilla said...

Hooray! :) FINALLY! I'm so glad to hear the good news! I hope you and Cole have a super trip to California. Cheers!! XOXO

Holly said...

Woo Hoo!!! I am so happy that you can relax and not worry anymore!! That is great news!!!

xoxo

Jennifer said...

So happy to hear the good news! Now you can just sit back and enjoy Cole and all his wonderful baby tricks for a while without worrying.

The Hernandez Family said...

Yay! Noah and I are so happy that you got good news! We can't wait to see you guys!

*Hugs*

Jenny Bradley said...

Katie, that is an answered prayer! We Boot Camp girls really miss you. How about coffee or a playdate or lunch next week? I don't have your number at home, so give me a ring or email me. We have all been praying for you and Brooks and Cole and can't wait to hang out as mommies again! Love, Jenny (214-547-9733 or jbslah@sbcglobal.net) Love you, girl!!!!!

Anna Claire sends her love to Cole!

Anonymous said...

Great news Katie. Take life as it comes, one day at a time. I hope you and Cole have a wonderful trip home. No better place than home to show off your proudest achievement! Have a safe trip.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Jenn said...

I am so glad to hear that! Yippie! See you TOMORROW!!!!!!!

wool's mom said...

hi~ Katie
I am wool's mom.
Did you look on my comments on Tonya's blog?
I came your site through Tonya's blog.

I live in korea.
I have two son.one(5year old) is normal.the other (5month old) is
achondroplstic.

He born on 21 september 2007.
He diagnosed on 10 december 2007.

You teached to me make a emotional feeling for my baby.
As i read your stories,I felt all of Your heart is full of love.

I hope to share our stories for growthing babies.

Cole looks bright and smart.
Have a good time.

- wool's mom -

Scott said...

I'm SOOOOOO glad to hear this!!! You guys deserve some good news after waiting all tha time.

Enjoy your time with the family and I can't wait to see some pics. : )

Scott

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.