Feb 7, 2008

I have such a "big" little boy!!

Ok...so still NO news from the neurosurgeon!!! Brooks and I have been calling all week. He's either in surgery or at a clinic at another hospital. Then come to find out he won't be in tomorrow or Monday!!! This is really getting ridiculous! I'm going to call Cole's neurologist tomorrow and see if maybe they can get ahold of his MRI scans and see what's going on. I really don't know what to think. On one hand, I think maybe everything is fine. If it were really bad he would have called us by now. On the other, I'm scared that nobody has looked at them and Cole is getting worse by the day. We went to see our pediatrician today for Cole's 6 month check-up!! I'm happy to report that Cole is weighing in at 16 lbs. 3.3 oz and 25 3/4 inches long! Thanks to Tonya, she figured out that Cole is in the 95% for height and 50% for weight! I have a "big" little guy! lol Granted, these are on the Achon charts. Our doctor still measures Cole on the average charts and he comes in at 20% for height, 22% for weight and a wopping 99% for head (you can see my concerns)...at least he's hanging in there! Poor guy had 4 shots today! He came home and napped for 2 hours today and he went to bed 30 minutes earlier than normal. The doctor is very happy with where Cole is developmentally. She thinks he won't be too far off on his milestones. Like every child, little or not, they reach their milestones when they are ready. I just wanted to update everyone. I wish I had some news about the MRI. As soon as I hear something I will post! Here are some cute pictures of Cole so far this month! I can't believe how fast time flies!


Cole is 6 months old today!

Mom, I can feed myself!

I gotta support them Cowboys! (thanks Auntie Holly)

He's electric! Right outta the bath!

Night! Night! My sweet angel...

P.S. A big shout out to Cole's buddy Knoah in Michigan! We hope you get better soon! We are thinking of you!

9 sweet comments:

The Hernandez Family said...

Oh my gosh, We LOVE his electric straight out of the bath look! Too cute! Noah can't wait to meet his buddy Cole next week!! We love you guys!

Jennjilla said...

His spikey hair is just tooo cute! :) I hope you guys hear something soon about his MRI. Post more pics soon of your main man - he's too cute not to be plastered all over this blog.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the MRI results soon! Cole is a big little guy like Preston. At 2 Preston is about 31 1/4 inches and 25-26 pounds. He is such a doll in these pictures. Want to eat him up!
-Kim

The Bradley Fam said...

Katie, I have been praying for you!! You have been on my heart so much lately. I subscribed to the blogarithm thing so I can get your updates. We have a blog, too, if you want to see: littlejb.blogspot.com. We love you and are praying for your whole family! Please let me know if I can help in any way--I am just down the street! Love, Jenny (214-547-9733)

Jennifer said...

So cute! So very, very cute! I love that smile. Talk about his hair being electric...his smile is electric. Try not to worry too much about the MRI. I think your instinct is correct that if something was really wrong you would know by now.

Scott said...

The pictures made me laugh. And I echo the above comments about the electric hair one. Just too cute.

Waiting for info was one of the hardest things for us as well. But your neurosurgeon should at least return a call. Even if he's busy when you call....at least give a call back. Man that's frustrating.

We're thinking of you. Hang in there and hopefully you'll get all your good answers this week. : )

Scott

Tonya said...

Katie- Don't worry about Cole's head size. It is concerning on appearence's but he falls within the 50% tile, so he is average for an achon! Stay on top of the doctor though, he needs to be available for your concerns!

Thank you for the prayers given to Knoah!! He is doing great!

laurins said...

Hi Katie,

I just wanted to check in with you guys and see if you have talked to the docs about Cole. I know you were worried (from reading the blog)and wanted to let you know we were thinking of you guys. I hope everything is going well and hope you have heard something by now!

Tricia said...

Hi Katie -
I check in each day to see if you have heard back from the doc. I imagine you are going crazy not knowing. We are praying for the best.
Tricia