Feb 29, 2008

No Sleep for Me!!

We are back at home!! It felt so good to get in my bed this morning...aahhh!! So, we arived at the hospital around 7:30 last night. By the time we got admitted and went up to the sleep study wing it was about 8:00 pm. I got Cole changed into his PJ's and the nurse came in to hook him up....dun dun duuunn. Let's just say that he did not enjoy that!!! I have never seen Cole scream sooo hard! I thought he was going to pass out at one point. He did not like having all of the electrodes attached to his head and body. Oh, and the two belts across his tummy and chest were awful for him. I had to hold him down so that he wouldn't tear them off of his head. As soon as he saw a wire in front of him he grabbed it and yanked it! The nurse was very impressed. She said that usually at this age they don't focus in on the wires, but Cole was searching for them to pull off of him! She said he was smart :) I really liked that lady!! lol There was a woman in the room next to us and I bet she was thinking "how in the world am I going to get some sleep tonight with that baby screaming all night?!?" I felt bad for her, but she was pregnant and I figured she needed to get used to hearing a baby cry in the middle of the night :) So, after he was hooked up and his head was wrapped with gauze we got into bed and played. He was immediately happy and forgot all about the wires!



Around 9:30 (which is latest we let him go to sleep) I turned off the t.v. and the lights. He fussed for a few minutes and then went to sleep. Right as I was about to drift off the nurse came in to put the last wire on Cole. The one he would not let her put on him while he was awake. It had to go across his face and right under his nose. She got it on him without waking Cole up! Then, I was wide awake!! OMG! I can't toss and turn because Cole is right next to me and I don't want to wake him up. Thanks to all of those that chatted by text last night! I decided to go to sleep around 11:30. Well, at 12:30 Cole woke up crying!! I get up make a bottle and feed him. The minute he woke up he ripped off the electrode under his nose. I get him back to sleep and the nurse comes in to hook it back up. Cole woke up at 5:30 and they unhooked him. (that was fun) he hated it!!




So, we got home around 6:30 this morning and went back to bed! It was a veeerrryyy long night for me, but at least Cole got some sleep. That is why we were there! Now we wait for some results. I'm not sure how long that will take, but I will keep you updated!

6 sweet comments:

Holly said...

OMG!!! I don't blame Cole for hating that experience! I would have screamed my head off too!!! Poor thing, those wires and straps look scary. I hope the results come back good :)

Tonya said...

Oh, the no-sleep, sleep study! Love them...BLAHHH

Glad he made it through! I will be praying the results are negative!!

The Bjorks said...

Aww poor Cole! and poor Mommy!! I hope everything comes back good so he doesn't have to go through that again! You're guys' strength is amazing!!!!! Keep us all updated when you find out the results.

Jennifer said...

I can't get over how much Cole looks like Owen to me! The sleep study pictures are so similar! Cat said the sleep study was such an adventures. Electrodes, gauze on the head and straps across the body do not seem compatible with sleep to me!. Hope all comes out OK.

laurins said...

Katie, Cole is adorable in these pictures! I'm sure he didn't feel that way, but I love the pictures. Kaela was about 2 months with her last one...dreading the next ones now that she's older and can yank at those! I know how horrible it is for us moms ..NO SLEEP! I hope the results are all good! Keep us posted!

The Valiant Family Updates said...

ha, ha-no sleep, sleep study-Tonya's a riot;-) I'm grateful we've avoided that one-in Owen's case you can't have problems breathing while sleeping when you don't sleep. Just kiddin' it's not that bad;-)

He is SOOOO SOOOO stinkin' cute with the gauze and stuff on his head-thanks for sharing. I love other bloggin moms who take pictures of everything;-)

Owen was in his new carseat for the first time tonight and I wanted to grab the camera (but fought the temptation:-).

Anyway, happy belated too! You looked like you had a very happy one! And happy 7 months to Cole too!

~Renay in Indiana :-)