Apr 12, 2008

I Don't Think I'm in Kansas Anymore, Toto!

Good news! Cole woke up Thursday morning with a BIG smile on his face! He ate like a champ yesterday and is feeling great! The night in the ER must have done the trick or he is just so scared to go back that he is like "maa I promise I will eat!" lol

On Wednesday night we woke up to pounding rain, raging winds, crazy thunder and lightening!! Come to find out in the morning, we had a tornado hit about a mile down from our house! There were twisters all over the Dallas metroplex that night and did tons of damage, but we had one right here in the city I live in!!! This is completely crazy to a California girl! I'm sooo not used to things coming from the sky...I mean...give me fires or the Santa Ana winds...or even an earthquake...those I'm used to, but a tornado! The scary thing is that we couldn't even hear the sirens go off!! Cole sleeps upstairs and slept through the entire ordeal. Now, I have visions of my roof being ripped off and my poor baby being sucked up...ughh! From now on, when I know we have a big storm coming like that, Cole will be sleeping in our room!! Driving down some of the streets is so weird because a lot of the big trees are snapped in half and so many fences completely down. We were lucky and sustained no damage as did most of my neighbors! Lions and tigers and bears oh my!!!

6 sweet comments:

Kim said...

Katie-that would scare the lights out of me-I think of that horrible episode of Desperate Housewives!
So happy to hear Cole is back to his usual happy self.

The Hernandez Family said...

Yay! Cole is feeling better!! - ok, so the weather thing, I am totally in the same boat as you. When the winds are high here in Louisiana, everyone is like "oh no we are going to have bad weather" - and there are tornado warnings. And b/c Manny and I are so used to the wind in CA we are clueless that people are packin up and preparing for tornados...LOL. Glad you guys are all ok.

Jennjilla said...

It was a total mess over here, too...flagpoles bent in half, trees ripped out of the ground. We never heard the sirens either. Scary stuff!

I'm glad Mr. Man is feeling better!! XOXO

Jennifer said...

So happy Cole is getting back to his smiley, happy self. We so wished you could have been at our gathering today, Katie. You would have loved it. I'm sure Cat will post pictures real soon. Actually Tonya will probably beat her to it!

Tornados this month, snow last month. Maybe Texas and Michigan have more in common than I thought.

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

Glad to hear Cole is better! Welcome to Texas Katie! One good thing, you are out of "Hurricane Alley". They say, if you don't like the weather in Texas, just give it an hour two as it will change.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

CMF said...

Hi Katie! I'm glad you introduced yourself. Cole is such a cutie! I am glad that he is feeling better. I sent you an email, so if you don't get it let me know.