Apr 10, 2008

Loooong night in the ER

Cole and I had a really fun night in the emergency room! Since he's only drank 3 ounces since 8:00 Wednesday night it landed him a one way ticket back to the hospital! He wouldn't drink anything and also had a fever, so I called the doctors office this afternoon to double check everything. They gave him a few more hours to get some fluids and asked me to call them back. He shoved anything I put in his face away so they sent us back to the hospital. They were worried about him getting dehydrated so he was hooked up to an I.V. with fluids and steroids which helped with the swelling and soreness in his throat. He ate 2 ounces of pedialite at the hospital (he wanted more, but that's all they gave him) and sent us on our way!! I'm sooo glad he finally drank or they would have readmitted him. We were there for a looong 5 hours, but am so happy to be back at home! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

8 sweet comments:

Kim said...

Oh Katie! I hate those ER nights. But thank God Cole did not need to be admitted! Poor little guy. Give him some love from Preston and I.

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

ewwwww, the e.r. is awful! Glad you guys are back home and hope Cole is better VERY soon.

Andrea said...

I'm glad that you are both home safe and sound. Give him some love from us! (We're sending you and Brooks a little too :p )

Jill said...

HOpe your little man is feeling better. Did the medicine trick work for you? Hope Cole feels better soon.

Jennifer said...

Oh Katie. That post-op stuff is so awful. Hopefully Cole will be on th mend now. I'll be thinking about you guys.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, the long night in the ER. Madison and I spent 5 hours in the urgent care when she had pneumonia. Glad to hear he is drinking fluids again. By the way, he is so cute and a trooper.
:)
Mel Gunty

The Hernandez Family said...

Aw poor little guy! I hope he is feeling better again soon. We are keeping you all in our prayers and can't wait to see the update that Cole is back to feeling great and smiling for the camera again! We love you guys!

*hugs*
Heidi & Noah

Charmaine said...

Hope he gets well soon