Apr 27, 2008

My Little Fish

I just discovered that I may have a future Olympian swimmer in my household...well maybe in the DAAA. On Friday, Cole and I were invited to go swimming with our old Baby Boot Camp friends!! Cole has never been in a swimming pool, but loves bath time so I thought he would enjoy this play date. I was a little nervous at first because the pool had a huge kids play area with waterfalls a lazy river and LOTS of kids running around playing. He LOVED it..well he never really smiled, but he didn't cry! Cole was splashing around and playing with all of his buddies! The only time he cried was when his friend Margaret was checking him out and patted his head with some excitement...it scared him and his bottom lip stuck out and on came the tears. The pool also had a beach entrance and Cole loved showing off his new army crawling skills in the water. Oh, did I mention...Cole can now army crawl without using his head!! He is fast too! Back to pool. We had SUCH a great time!! We look forward to the next play date :) Thank you Tricia for inviting us and still including us in your activities!!!Getting ready to swim with his new cool board shorts!


Some of the babies and 2 moms

Anna Claire checking Cole out...they are only 20 days apart!


Cole loved the water

Right before the tears started

Hanging out on the "beach" entrance

10 sweet comments:

The Hernandez Family said...

How cute! I'm glad Cole liked the water, we put Noah in a swimming pool last weekend (for the first time) he was in one of those floaty things where just his feet are really in the water and it has a shade over his head to protect him from the sun. He was the same way, he seemed to like it, he didn't cry, but he never really laughed or smiled like it was "fun". P.S. I LOVE Cole's board shorts!!! Too cute!!

Jennjilla said...

He is too cute in his new board shorts!

Glad y'all had fun!

The Bjork's said...

How cute Cole looks in his little swimsuit!!!How fun!

Kim said...

OMG! He is adorable! He looked like he was enjoying it! His swim trunks are too cute! I love the third to last picture the best-is he lying on a surfboard? I love the look in that picture! Also congrats on the army crawling! Yay Cole!

Holly said...

Ok so the story about his friend Margaret making him cry was histerical!!! He better get used to girl attention!!! Cole is absolutely adorable and it totally looks like he loved this adventure!! Too cute!!!

Supermom-In-Training said...

Thanks so much for posting these pics!! I am so sad that we missed it! We will definitely be there next time. All the babies looked so cute in their swimsuits!

Jill and JD said...

What a great pool! I wish we had one around here like that! Cole is a great flirt!! he he. Love the shorts!
Jill

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh! That looks like so much fun. I'm going to have to scout around and see if we have something like that here in Michigan. Cole is too cute for words.

Caden's Story said...

Katie!

Love the swimming pictures! I don't mind you adding Caden to your blog at all! I'll add Cole too!

Oprah was very good! Try and remember "Holland" when you get teary. That is what get's me through tough times :-)

Rob & Michelle said...

Katie, I love the new pictures of Cole Swimming! Looks like he ha a blast :)