May 18, 2008

Mock Mother's Day and Crawfish time!

Since, I deserve the worst mom of the year award for not being with my baby on my very first Mother's day (OK, I really don't feel like that), we had a "mock" Mother's day yesterday! I figured that once Cole woke up from his hap he would be his happy self and we could get some really cute pictures...boy was I wrong! He was so crabby! Exhibit A: Notice the scowl on his face!

Nothing we did made him happy. I think I got him up from his nap before he was ready...what a mistake!
OK..finally a little bit of a smile, but not a true Cole smile.
I thought playing airplane would crack him up...not really! It made me happy though, does that count!?
On to the gift!! I've been wanting the Cricut Expression Die Cutting Machine for a few months now and Cole came through! I don't know how he knew...I only cut out ads and dropped hints left and right, but with the help of daddy I got my new scrapbooking toy! I just haven't had time to play with it yet. What a lucky mom I am!




We also went to Cole's first crawfish boil yesterday over at the Floyd's house. Last year was our first one we ever went to out at their parent's house in East Texas, but I was prego at the time so Cole couldn't enjoy the festivities, but mama sure did! Cole was terrified of them! They were a little scary and very feisty...they had claws and looked like they were ready to attack yesterday!

12 sweet comments:

Kim said...

That last picture is priceless! He is like what is this??? Is it just me or is Cole's hair totally just growing like crazy all of a sudden? I love it! He is growing up right before our blogging eyes! I actually love the scowling picture. He is almost saying-I'll be spiteful since you woke me up. But he is such a great son to get you such an amazing gift! Enjoy!

Team Carroll said...

Okay...I have to admit I've been reading your blog for a while, too!! Cole is so unbelievably precious and you are such an adorable Mommy! I LOVE the last pic of him with the crawfish! Landon would have screamed and thrown it at me, I'm sure!!!

The Hernandez Family said...

Yay for the Cricut! I have one and I LOVE it!!! Yay for cranky babies and scarey crawfish! Isn't all just soooo much fun!

Jennjilla said...

What a face, Cole! Those things are scary!!

Looks like y'all had a super day! :)

Jennifer said...

OK. I gues I just don't get this crawfish boil thing. Candi tried to explain it to me and even invited me to Texas to give it a try. But then....seeing a swimming pool full of creepy, crawling crustaceans, nope not for this old Midwesterner. I'll stick to burgers and fries! Can you "suck the head off" a burger?

Cole is too cute by the way. He reminds me so much of Owen.

How Life Is Measured said...

Don't listen to my mother! She is just jealous because of the lack of culture in our area. I mean would you want to attend the "Detroit Hoedown?". Insert gapingly obvious joke here. I love the scowl. Cole could give Simon Cowell a run for his money. We'll have to attend a crawfish boil one of these days. Owen will eat anything.
Cat

Holly said...

Those pictures of Cole are hysterical!! The last picture has the classic "what the hell?!?" expression!! LOL.

Jillsblog said...

I need to start getting my pictures in order to do scrapbooks! I need inspiration!!! I agree with Jennifer, I am not sure I could get near a crawfish...Cole's face is how I would look if I saw one. Great pictures...

Sarah and Matt said...

Cute picture's Katie. Cole is such a cutie. I have to kind of agree with Jennifer on this one. That pool of crawfish kinda freaks me out too. I love the picture of Cole holding one though- looks like a boiled one? It's really red..so I'm just assuming. I've never been to one. Do you eat them?
I hope you had a great mother's day. Cole has a great mama!

Leann said...

Awww! that last pic is a classic! love his expression!

Melissa said...

I love the new Cole pics! He has such a little personality!! And I have a Cricut machine, too....it's really the best thing ever :)

Valerie MacKenzie said...

The picture of Cole holding the crawfish and looking at it is absolutely hilarious!!! I love it!!!