May 13, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

What an amazing weekend we had! We got to Michigan around 1:30 pm on Friday and was picked up by our friends Dave and Val, the groom and bride, and got a tour mini tour of Ann Arbor where the University of Michigan is. After that we went to the rehearsal dinner and got to meet all of their friends and family. Everyone was so warm and welcoming. That's where someone slipped and told us we were going to Vegas the next day! We were beyond excited because that's where we thought we were going. If you remember, it was a secret from us and we bought one way tickets to Detroit. We spent the night eating a wonderful dinner and then went out with everyone to a local bar. The wedding was at 10 am the next day, so the girls were up bright and early to get our hair done. It was fun getting ready with everyone. Dave and Val got married at the Henry Ford Estate which was BEAUTIFUL! The wedding was a blast and around 1:30 we were picked up by a limo to take us to the airport. There were 7 of us that went to Vegas. We flew first class! That was a fun experience, since I always fly coach...I'm too cheap to spend the extra money :) I just loved getting all the extra treatment!! We stayed at a penthouse suite at the Mirage. Dave and Val had one room and Brooks and I had the other with a huge family room and bar in the middle. It was overlooking the pool and was beautiful!! In all the times that I've been to Vegas, I have never even walked through the Mirage. It was like a Hawaiian paradise! We stayed until Monday and had such a great time! I learned how to play roulette and craps! Brooks and I were up until 4:30 am playing black jack and craps! We actually came out on top which was soo much fun! We seriously were treated so well this weekend, we thought that we had just gotten married! Thank you sooo much for the amazing weekend we shared with both Dave and Val!!!The rehearsal dinner

9 sweet comments:

Scott said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. You certainly deserve a break and some R&R!

Kim said...

Katie
YOU LOOK HOT! You go mama! You and Brooks deserved this. You two are amazing parents to Cole and I know it is difficult at times, but you were chosen and Cole needs you both!
I am so happy you had such a great time.
HUgs,Kim

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! And I'm totally jealous because you look SOOO GOOD! Looks like you shed all the baby weight...plus some! How was it being away from the baby for that long?

Melissa

Jennifer said...

What a great weekend! Loved the bridesmaid's dresses. Loved the color. You look great Katie!

Holly said...

How fun!!! I'm glad you & Brooks could have a mini getaway! You deserve it! I love the bridesmaids dresses...very cute!!!

Sarah and Matt said...

You look gorgeous Katie! That blue dress is really pretty! I'm glad you guys had such a great weekend! You got a tour of my home! You said you were downtown Ann Arbor- I'm downtown Ann Arbor everyday at the Law School. :) Hopefully the next time you are here, we can meet! I'm so glad you had fun, you deserve it! And I hope Cole had fun with Grandma and Grandpa!

Caden's Story said...

Katie!
I am so glad you guys had a great time! Very much well deserved! Your dresses are gorgeous! How nice to have a reason to get dressed up!
Trisha

The Hernandez Family said...

Looks like you had sooo much fun! You looked beautiful as always!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the bridesmaids dresses. Such a pretty blue!