Jun 1, 2008

12,000 Hits and Counting

I can't believe I have had over 12,000 hits on my blog since starting it in January '08. I have had hits for all over the world! Please, if you like to read about our family I would love it if you would leave a quick comment or sign our guest book. It's nice to know that we have people enjoying our stories. I have had many people contact me because they are going through the same situation we are in. It's been so rewarding knowing how much we are helping other families out there. It was such a scary thing to go through in the beginning and for me, it's nice to look back and reflect. Boy, have I come a loooong way since last August when Cole was born.


Happy 10 months my sweet boy!


How quickly the time passes and how fast you are growing and changing. I look at you and see such an inspiration. You have changed me as a person though you may never know to what degree. I am a stronger, more compassionate, loving woman thanks to having you in my life. We have definitely had our ups and downs, but along the way it has been a joyous, amazing journey. You are now army crawling all over our house. There is no stopping you and I wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes I look at you and wish for the days of putting you in one spot and coming back to find you right where I left you, but then I think no I don't! I LOVE the fact that you are hitting your milestones. You are getting stronger every day and it's amazing to watch you. You have such determination in your eyes and I hope that you never lose that.


You remind me what it is to love somebody or something unconditionally. I look into your face and I am overjoyed with love. Sometimes we are so busy throughout the day that I have to stop and remember that you will only be like this for so long. I pick you up and just love on you. Since you were a little baby you have loved for me to sing to you and your favorite song is "You are my Sunshine." It's also daddy's favorite to hear me to sing it to you. Your head instantly goes to the floor and you lay there taking in the music.

Now that you are really on the move, Honey and Riley don't know what to do with you. Your favorite thing is to open your mouth and just let them kiss you. You even make sounds and stick your tongue out. I have to cut in because you would just let them kiss you forever. Honey will let you crawl all over her, but Riley is a little unsure around you sometimes. He's not used to seeing you so mobile and it's usually on his terms when he wants to interact with you. Now that you are crawling, you go straight for him. He catches a glance of you on them move toward him and he jumps up and runs away. It's hilarious and you crack up. You love your puppies and they absolutely love you.

Bath time is one of the best times of the day. You just splash around on your belly and I love to watch you chase your rubber ducky around the tub. I think you are going to be a little fish when you get older. You really enjoy being in the water! We have taken you to the pool a few times and you love it!

You are finally on a good schedule and we are all getting a FULL nights sleep! Bedtime is at 8:30 and you are ready for it! After a full day of playing very hard you look forward to getting into your crib and falling fast asleep. You have turned into a belly sleeper and that's how we know when you are ready for a nap or bedtime. We put you down and you instantly turn over and close your eyes. You are the most precious thing to watch while you sleep. Just so peaceful!

FINALLY, you are getting your first tooth!! I can't wait to see a mouth full of pearly whites, but I will miss that gummy smile you love to give. It will be a sign of you moving out of being an infant and into a toddler in the next few months.



Cole, you are definitely my little love bug! We have so many nicknames for you, but a few of our favorites are: love bug, Coley Poley, boo bear, sugar plum, bubba. Daddy and I love you so very much. Here's to the past 10 months and so many more to look forward to!

12 sweet comments:

Team Carroll said...

Happy 10 months! It goes by too fast, I swear! I'm SO jealous that Cole loves the water so much!! He needs to have a talk with Landon :) What a cutie! I'm definitely tearing up reading these sweet sentiments!!

Caden's Story said...

Yeah for Cole! Happy 10 months! I love the bathtub picture!

The Book of Renee and Ryan said...

That was so beautiful! You are so fortunate to have such an amazing son!

Kim said...

Katie, That was so sweet! I absolutely LOVE his bath picture and the first pic. He looks so big! I cannot believe he is ten months already! He is just the cutest thing. I know exactly what you mean about them changing you as a person. Also my sister said that she did not want Preston to get teeth because she loved the gummy smile, then he got teeth and she thought he was even cuter. Cole is such a patoot!

Sarah and Matt said...

What a sweet post Katie. Cole is such a sweetie (I can tell this just by looking at his pictures). Even William has fallen in love with him. Everytime I turn the computer on he ask for Cole :) I love the pictures of him. By the way- your last post of you guys at the pool- you wrote it's the smaller pool and it looks HUGE! If we ever move to texas I want to live in your neighborhood :)
Thanks for sharing all of that with us. You both sound like great parents and it shows through those sweet gummy smiles!

The Hernandez Family said...

I can't believe it has already been 10 months for your adorable little man! Noah will be 5 months tomorrow! CRAZY!!! I can't even remember what I did with my life before Noah. Glad you liked the onesie! Did I send the right pattern? I still don't remember which one it was.

Sarah and Matt said...

okay I know I already posted, but I was looking at the pics with Will and when he saw the pic of Cole in the tub he kept saying Kaela. Its funny because I actually thought the same thing about that pic. I have one of Kaela in the tub I should post it. They have some similarities :) Obviously one of them is that they are both super cute ha ha:)
Anyway- I thought it was cute that Will loves to see Cole then he thought Cole was Kaela.

Jennjilla said...

So big and so handsome - what a charming young man you have! :)

Happy 10 months!! Times sure does fly by when you have someone cute to spend it with!

Isn't it crazy to look back at what you wrote at the beginning?! I can just hear the fear, love, uncertainty and admiration in the words not written so long ago....

Y'all have a super week!

Jen Geyer said...

I love the picture in HIS chair. It really does show how much he has grown. I can't wait to see him at the end of the month. Keep the updates coming, I love knowing all that happening with my boy. I also love hearing the pure joy and love that comes through your writing. You are such a good Mama Katie. Brooks and Cole are so lucky to have you. (We are too!)

Holly said...

You have me totally balling my eyes out over here!!!! Cole is so lucky to have such an amazing mom and you are so lucky to have such an adorable baby boy!!!

Tonya said...

Cole!! You are FABULOUS! You have changed so much!! Into toddlerhood your heading!!! I also see your getting your spider crawl down! Too cute!

Destini said...

Great photos of Cole - he just hams it up! The bath pic is priceless - that goes in the "show the girlfriend" album for sure!
I always laugh when I see a little one doing what we call "the elephant crawl", up on his feet and hands, it is sooo cute.