Jun 22, 2008

2 Posts in 1

On Friday, Cole and I were invited over to some new friends' house that we met through the local LPA chapter. Josh is 8 years old and also achon. Cole really likes Josh so I got a few pictures of them together. There were also two other 4 year old achon kids at their house that day. One of the ladies I hadn't met yet and she had a funny story. A while back she said that she had seen me in the Nordstrom shoe department and saw Cole and knew right away he was achon. I guess she was following me around and trying to catch up to me so that she could talk to me about Cole. As she put it, "She was stalking me around the mall," but she never made it up to have a chat. Then, she said she was afraid to say anything because she didn't know if I knew he was achon. I think this is a funny thing because looking at Cole I could never not think he was achon...it's so totally obvious, but I guess there are people that are either in denial or just haven't been diagnosed.


I had to post some new pictures of Cole in his super cute new outfit!! We went to the mall on Thursday with a friend and her baby who is only 2 1/2 weeks older than Cole! We went to college in California together. We were in different sororities and knew of each other, but were never actually friends. She found me on myspace through a common friend and saw that we were only weeks apart in our due dates. We started chatting about pregnancy for a few months and then she found out that she was moving to Dallas because of her husbands job! What a small world! So, we finally got together a few months after our babies were born for the first time!! Now we have become friends and have a great time hanging out together! I just thought that was such a funny story! Well anyway...we hit up some great sales at Janie and Jack and Babystyle...these pictures are of Cole in his totally matching outfit!

9 sweet comments:

Andrea said...

Hypo is milder then achon, but I wonder if people knew before we did...I look back at pictures of younger Evan and can see it clear as day, but at the time, not at all! Cutest outfit. Ever.

Jodi said...

He is such a cutie pie!

Jillsblog said...

Love the outfit!! Do you have a Janie and Jack store? I only order through the catalog or online...hmmm?

Destini said...

Cole is adorable, as always Katie! If you are a little upset about buying 2-3T hats for Cole now, just wait, Trace is wearing Boys 8-10, yup, thats a large - matching outfits with hats are no longer an option for us. Oh, well, our boys cuteness and personality make up for the lack of matching hat :)

Supermom-In-Training said...

What a sweetheart! He looks like a doll baby in his little matching outfit! I guess I need to go check out the J&J and Babystyle sales this week for JD!

Kim said...

I love the outfit Katie! Such a big fan of Janie and Jack and their sales! Cole looked happy with his new friend! I also read your post above- you look hot Ms Thing and I am sooo jealous of your girls' vaca. Last year we all tried to do that and Preston came down with a major ear infection! Argh.
Cole is such a happy boy. I just love his smile!

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

Super DUPER cute pics!!! That Cole is just adorable. I am SO missing Bryan - but I know he is in God's hands - just really hard after all we've been through in the last 15 months.

On another note - I am making my first trip to Cali in July - and I am SO excited. My best friend and I fly in to Oakland then we will drive to Santa Cruz to see a very good friend I have not seen in a few years. I can't wait - have never been to Cali and am so looking forward to it.

Hope you and Cole are having a good summer. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes - we can use them all here.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Melissa said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cole's new outfit!! The hat, the shoes and his adorable polo...he is so styling!! That was a good shopping trip, I can't wait for another one :)

How Life Is Measured said...

OMG! Totally saw Josh at conference. They were sitting a few tables over from us at conference!
Love Cole's outfit! It's funny because I would have done the same thing as Josh's mom and stalked another LP mom working up the courage to talk to them.
Cat