Jun 17, 2008

Welcome Summer!

It sure has been hot down here in Texas! We are up in the 100 degree mark and show no signs of cooling off. Cole and I have been trying to stay cool in the pool. I bought him a new floaty and tested it out yesterday...boy did he love it! Plus, with his new cool hat to keep the sun off of him, he was styling. I wish I had my camera with me, but we are going swimming again today at a friends house so I will get some cute shots.

Cole and I are flying home to California next week! I'm excited to be going, but not so excited for the flight! Now that he is sooo active, I'm not sure how he will be able to sit still in my lap for 3 hours. People on the plane are going to just -love- us! We are staying for an entire week. While in California I will be getting a baby free day! Mimi and Grandpa will be watching Cole while I attend my besties engagement party!! I'm a bridesmaid and cannot wait for the big day next year! I will also be starting to plan a REALLY special event while there...COLE'S 1st BIRTHDAY party!! I can't believe it's in a month and a half. Where has the time gone? Since Cole is so super special he is getting two parties...one in Cali and one in Texas. What a lucky boy!

I hope everyone had a really special Father's Day weekend! Here are a few pictures from our festivities...

8 sweet comments:

Kim said...

I love all these t-shirts you have for COle. They are so super cute. I hear you on the plane ride-it's always fun flying with kiddos! I love the new blog layout. Cannot wait to see Cole in the pool pictures! For 100 degrees btw your hair looks amazing!

Holly said...

Oh I can't wait to see you next week!!! We will have a ton of fun :)

Destini said...

Cole always has a smile on his face! Have a good flight - maybe take a sucker in the diaper bag - I know, not "good parenting standards", but in a pinch it can keep a little one quiet for a few minutes, just don't forget the bib!

Jennifer said...

Talk to Cat. She and Dan did great flying with Owen to FL. They took a DVD player and suckers and Owen actually slept for part of the way...late night flights and utter exhaustion from their trials and tribulations with being cancelled off their flights! Cole is a dolly-boy! Does he ever stop smiling??

Jaime said...

Katie, where are you going to be in CA? I know all about the HOT weather, as we've been around 100 today. We were in San Diego this past weekend for my brother's wedding, so the weather was WONDERFUL! Now it's back to the heat of the valley!

How Life Is Measured said...

Uuumm - I have to contest the shirt. Future hunk? I think we've got ourselves a little hunk right now! So cute! Hey love the new design. I'm looking to update too. Is that RSS feed for the blog list? I'm just learning what it is!

The Valiant Family Updates said...

Oh my adorable meter is off the charts...

and the whole html thing-I'm jealous-I love your blog's look and I want it...is it something easy to explain or like rocket science?

Hugs!

Team Carroll said...

What a cutie!! I absolutely LOVE the tee!!! Too sweet!! You guys have tons of fun in Cali next week!! I'm SO jealous!! PS: The blog looks great!!! LOVE the header!