Jul 6, 2008

Before and Afters!

I recently got Photoshop and I've been trying hard to learn how to use it, but it's VERY complicated! I want to "hopefully soon" get a SLR camera to really improve my photography skills...hint hint nudge nudge....you know who I'm talking to! If you are interested in photography or photoshop, I have found an AMAZING website called The Pioneer Woman. She has tons of fabulous actions you can download for free into photoshop and she teaches you step by step on how to do other things. She is also a GREAT cook and has lots of yummy recipes that I have made! Plus..she is hilarious and very witty! I hope you'll check it out! Here are a few of my before and afters with Photoshop CS3!


This is the Before...

And the After... Black and White


Before...
After...Pop of color



Before...


After...Kind of Vintage looking


So much fun! Do you have any good photoshop tips? I'd love to hear them!!

9 sweet comments:

Jodi said...

No Photoshop tips, but I just got the Canon Rebel XTi 10.1 SLR, and I LOVE it. I takes amazing pictures. I highly recommend it :)

Team Carroll said...

OMG...I LOVE these pics!!! SO amazing!! I LOVE the Pioneer Woman!!! I have Photoshop Elements, so none of her actions are compatible with my program :( SO sad because I LOVE what you've done with these pics!!! I'm green with envy right now!! BTW, I have a Nikon D40 and absolutely LOVE it. Wolf Camera has the best deals ever. PS: Let's set up a playdate for our boys...soon!!

Andrea said...

The pictures look great. I can't wait to download some new actions!! Probably after our trip to Yellowstone--I'll be having computer withdrawl!

Destini said...

Enjoy all this time you have to edit photos - it will soon disappear as Cole gets more and more mobile and becomes a little tazmanian devil like another little boy that I know! The black and white pic is my favorite by the way!

Kim said...

Katie, so cool! They look great-especially the Pop of color-just that much more vivid! I love it. I really don't have any great tips. I would like to learn though. I will check out the site.

Holly & Jon said...

after i saw these pics on myspace i thought you got a fancy new camera!!! good job with photoshop!! we have the Canon Rebel Xti too, i agree with Jodi, it's awesome!!!

P.S. Cole looks so adorable in these pics!

The Hernandez Family said...

Where do you get all your extra time? Photoshoping, scrapbooking, building a scrapbook heaven (that I am WAY jealous of) AND you actually take a billion pictures of your adorable little man. Can you help me with a time management schedule? I LOVE the pictures of Cole.

Jennifer said...

Cole has so much personality and it shows through in every picture I see of him. What a doll.

Amanda said...

ok Katie. I've been trying to figure it out all on my own for 4 days now and I cant....I love the scrapbook feel of your blog! How did you do it? What site did you use? I tried searching so many sites...I even downloaded Smilebox...help!


P.S. Those pictures are amazing! I especially love the one with the yellow flowers you posted on myspace!