Jul 27, 2008

First Haircut!

Today was a big day for Cole...he got his 1st haircut! I don't know how I feel about this. While watching my baby sit in the yellow race car I felt emotional. He is almost 1 year old! Where does the time go? He did a pretty good job sitting in the chair for the lady. Of course, he cried some, but overall he was a good boy. She cut away his babyhood and now he looks more like a little boy. I like Cole with a little more hair...maybe because he has a bigger head and I think it just kind of evens things out a bit. He looks cute with the new cut, but I want his hair to grow back in! Maybe, I just need to get used to it!

13 sweet comments:

Team Carroll said...

Seriously Katie?! He looks flippin' precious!!! I love those locks! It really looks great!!! I decided to cut Landon's hair after our playdate, and bad mistake. I got WAY too scissor happy and his hair looks like something attacked it. I have to remember to get it professionally done next time around :)

Jennjilla said...

Aww he is just precious Katie - and I can TOTALLY relate to the emotions that went along with that first haircut. I cried when they cut Sawyer's hair the first time, it was like he went from my little baby to my big guy in a snap! It's so crazy! I don't let them get it as short as they did the first time anymore...it's too grown up for me to handle! :)

Holly & Jon said...

Awww...Cole is so handsome!!! I love his new haircut! Auntie Holly can't believe how grown up Cole is too!!!! TEAR ;)

Andrea said...

Love the "what are you doing to me, lady" look on Cole in the first picture!! Love the new cut--it's not too short. Enjoy the baby fine hair now. Once they get older it seems like the texture changes...not so soft.

Kim said...

Katie-He does look like a little boy! If it is any consolation-once the hair is cut, it starts growing like a weed. I started getting Preston's hair cut at 16 months and now seriously he is there every other month. I miss Preston's baby curls and sometimes want it long, but when he gets it cut he does look like such a big boy.
I hear you on not wanting it too short-but Cole's cut looks great. He is freakin' adorable. I usually tell my hairdresser not to cut it too short on the forehead!
Cole looks like a little boy-yes and it's sad to watch the babyhood go away-but let me tell you if you are anything like me-the toddler stage is so cute with their little languages!
Love his cut! He is precious!

Hall Family said...

What a cutie! It seems like around that first birthday, they just don't look like babies anymore. I think it is the hair and the teeth. Parker still hasn't gotten a professional cut yet, just a few "mommy cuts" to keep him from looking like a long lost member of Whitesnake. :-)

Jennifer said...

Katie, his haircut looks so cute! It's not too short at all. He's such a little cutie pie. Love the pictures in the race car!

Amanda said...

He looks ADORABLE! I love it! He's gonna look sharp for his party!

Tonya R. said...

Love the haircut, such a cute little man!! He looks so adorable!!

Mattilyn Paige said...

AWW, he even knew he was getting his baby locks cut off! Love the pouty face! I'm with you on the first hair cut though, Matti's hair is uneven in the back but I REFUSE to cut the curls off!! I figure the long parts on top will eventually cover the uneven parts :) BTW, When are you coming out to Cali?

Aunt Jen said...

He is freakin' adorable! I love his new haircut. Yes, it does make him look older but then again he is almost a one year old. Only 5 more days until I get to see him in person. YEA!!!

Michelle said...

Cole's new haircut looks great!

Caden and Mommy said...

So cute! We don't have any of those cute kid's cut places near us. I get to hold Caden in my lap - ugh! It looks like Cole was a champ! I know what you mean about the size of the head - we keep the front a little long to not make the forehead seem so big :o) Don't worry, it grows back quick ... and why does a haircut make them look so big and not like a baby anymore?