Jul 14, 2008

Nothing into Something

No real news in the Johnson household. We haven't heard back from the doctor yet to see what our next move is. I've been busy preparing for Cole's 1st Birthday here in ohh...17 days!! Can you believe it? I got the invitations mailed out a few days ago and now I'm just waiting for all the RSVP's to come pouring in! I mean, it is the biggest party of the year for the lucky ones who are invited! LOL I really can't wait. Thinking back to this time last year I was HUGE!! I was nervous and excited, anticipating the arrival of my precious boy! Here I am at 9 months prego!

Brooks and I are getting ready to celebrate 4 years of wedded bliss here in 11 days! July 24th marks one of the happiest days of my life. I had all of my loved ones with me to share in our special day and it was nothing short of amazing! I feel so lucky to have married my best friend!There will be plenty more pictures of the last 7 years that Brooks and I have spent together! Man, 7 years together!?! How has he put up with me this long?? He must be one patient man...


Lastly, I was asked for a picture of me with curly hair...so I asked Brooks to take a picture of me and here it is! I have very curly hair, but I choose to straighten it...yes, I do find the time with an eleven month old running..I mean crawling around. The secret is in the flat iron and boy am I in love with that flat iron!


There you have it folks! I made nothing into something..I really didn't have much to talk about, but knowing me and I can talk...I figured out something to talk about! Have a great week and I have some very exciting news to share in the next few days...I'm not giving ANY hints either!! I need to gather all of my evidence to prove it first and I'll save you from asking the one question that it is NOT...I am not prego :)

16 sweet comments:

Jennjilla said...

You were such a gorgeous bride!! And I love your curly hair! You should wear it that way more often! Are you having fun planning Coley Poley's big par-tay?!?! I love parties...

How did you know I was going to ask if you were preggars? hahaha just kidding :)

Tonya said...

Oh not FAIR!!! What is it??

Cute pics! I wish I were coming to the party!! One day!!

Mattilyn Paige said...

I LOVE the curly hair!! But you are so stinkin cute all of the time anyway! I can't wait for Cole's first birthday....but be prepared, it's a tough day for the mommies! It's hard knowing your sweet little baby is growing up and becoming more independent :(

Danielle said...

Love the hair and thanks for coming through with the picture! I wish Texas and Florida were closer so we could come party! If you ever take Cole to Disney World, let us know!!

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

ooooooohhhh the suspense! Dang, I was thinking Cole was going to get a brother! You are too cute for words, girlie. btw...I leave Texas for Santa Cruz on Thursday a.m. My first time in Cali..can't wait!!!

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Caden & Mommy said...

Katie!
Love the curly hair - I have a T-3 that I paid a pretty penny for a couple of years ago and I think I have used it three times. Curly is easier :-)
Can't wait to hear your news! You and Tonya are into keeping us all in suspense with surprises!
Trisha

Amanda said...

oooh! Excititng! A secret! REMEMBER your famous words back in the day: "friends dont keep secrets and secrets dont keep friends"??!! HAHAH....I still remember that... and the curly hair too...that's the Katie I used to know before you fell in love (with the flat iron that is!) :)

Kim said...

I love your hair! Your wedding picture was GORGEOUS and you looked amazing 9 months pregnant. I was a friggin beached whale who could barely walk!
I cannot wait to hear your news! So excited.

Alex said...

can't wait to hear the big news! Your wedding picture is SO beautiful!

Supermom-In-Training said...

You looked so cute when you were pregnant!! Fun pictures! What a pretty bride! You looked so happy! Yay for Cole's first birthday!! It comes so quickly, doesn't it??

Sarah and Matt said...

Almost 1! Wow...that is a big day!! Very exciting. Do you have a theme for the party? I love all the pics you shared. You looked good for 9 months prego :)
The wedding pic is gorgeous! Your curly hair is cute. I can't wait to hear the news...whatever it may be :)

Destini said...

The first birthday party is such an event - even if Cole has no idea what is going on! I remember looking like that when I was pregnant with Taylor, but with Trace I'm gonna have to go with Kim - I was a beached whale and wearing PJ pants! Can't wait to hear the secret and see the party pictures!

Jillsblog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillsblog said...

I can't believe how curly your hair is! What kind of curling iron is it? Geez, I need it!

Have fun at Cole's party, turning one and eating all kinds of cake...mmmmmmm! Save us a piece!

I thought it was prego too. Can't wait to hear...will be checking in to see!

Katie said...

Jill-
I use the skinny HAI flat iron. They have a couple different ones with different widths and I like the smallest one so that I can get into the roots without burning my head. I can also use it as a curling iron! The photo of me prego with semi-curled hair was with that flat iron. I highly recommend it!

Lisa said...

Wow! You said not a lot is going on, but it seems a ton has been happening - birthday and anniversary celebrations around the corner. Exciting. I always think it's funny that people with curly hair straighten it, and those with straight hair always curl it! Go figure. Liz's hair is straight as can be, and when she was flower girl, everyone suggested curls. And, of course it looked great. Mine is curly/wavy (mostly unruly) and people always want me to straighten it, but I DON'T have the patience that you do to use that flat iron. I think I could find the time, but not the patience. : )
Keep us posted on the big news!