Aug 19, 2008

A Bit of This and a Bit of That

I just wanted to share a few pictures of my happy boy! Man, is he active as ever. I swear..he never stops moving! He has turned into such a climber and is now starting to cruise a bit while holding on to the coffee table or the couch! Yesterday, we were playing on the stairs and he knows how to climb up them and back down! He won't do it without me there...yet!
We took some family and Cole's 1 year photos on Saturday and I can't wait to see how they turned out! It ended up being such a nice morning which I was thankful for since it was outdoors at a park. The photographer said it should take about a week to finish them. I'll be sure to post them asap :)
I'm leaving in 2 weeks for my girls trip to Palm Springs with my Alpha Phi sisters! We try to plan a girls trip once a year with the 8 of us. We call ourselves the VIP crew! We even bought letters for this trip. For those non-greeks out there...letters are sweatshirts with your sorority or fraternity letters embroidered on them. We have wanted a matching set since our college days and have never done it so we decided to do it this year. We are kind of crazy to be getting them for Palm Springs since it's like a million degrees out there! We will just put them on for pictures. Brooks and Cole are going to have a boy weekend together! I can't wait to hear how it goes...muahhaaha (that's my evil laugh). Brooks has never taken care of Cole alone for more than a few hours by himself. Not to say that he wouldn't, it's just that we are always together. I play bunco once a month with the girls in my neighborhood, but that starts at 7 and Cole is asleep by 8ish. I just want him to experience what it's like to be me for a whole weekend! I know he appreciates what I do with Cole all day long, but it's a whole other thing to actually know what it's like. It's hard work staying home, not that I don't appreciate the fact that I get to be a stay at home mom. .
Lets see...what else...Oh, Brooks' parents just bought us tickets to fly home to Oregon for Thanksgiving!! We are so excited because Brooks' Oregon relatives haven't met Cole yet and now we get to show him off! Brooks is from a town right outside of Portland and that's where his parents still live. It's so beautiful up there...especially since every time I go with him it never rains..I guess I've been lucky. So, this year we get to spend Thanksgiving in Oregon and Christmas in California!! Last year we spent both holidays in Texas and our families came to us, so now we get to go to them.


Here are a few pictures of Cole after he climbed up the ottoman. He was so proud of himself!!

P.S. Stay tuned for an entire post devoted to my obsession with the Twilight Series! I'm on book 3, Eclipse. Sorry, I some how took a detour and read Stori Telling by Tori Spelling in the middle of New Moon, but I'm back and ready for some reading action!

6 sweet comments:

Holly & Jon said...

So I totally have to laugh because Sunday I went out and bought Twilight! I was so curious! Im only on chapter 4, i've been so busy, but so far so good.

Did you love Stori Telling?? I did! I read it twice!! :)

Danielle said...

Ha! I am 3/4 of the way through the last book of the series, and am wondering what I'll do with all my free time afterwards!! It's an addicting series, that is for sure.

Sounds like Cole is doing great--before you know it you will be the one posting walking videos!

Hall Family said...

Looks like Cole is really keeping you running. We still think Parker looks sort of odd when he is vertical since we kept him on his back and belly so long. :-)

Looking forward to seeing the 1-year photos!

Amanda

Kim said...

I cannot wait to see his 1 year pics! He is doing so amazing with all his milestones.
I am so excited for you to be going to see both your family and Brooks' family for the holidays! So much fun!
I am a little jealous of your girls weekend! I think the sweatshirt idea is really cute. I had a bid to AEPhi but never pledged since I dated a guy in SAE and lived with the SDT girls.

The Ripleys' said...

Was Stori Telling any good? I sometimes what her show on TV "Tori & Dean" she's too funny!

Jodi said...

I can't wait to see the pics! He's so cute!
Have fun on your girls trip!