Aug 24, 2008

Happy 100!!

This is my 100th post since I started blogging oh so long ago! I must have a lot to say...or I just say a lot about nothing..either way it's been so much fun sharing all about my special family and meeting so many wonderful new friends! I have to give a shout out to my wonderful "LP blogging family..." without you guys I would feel so alone in this world. You have no idea how comforting you all are to me and I can't wait to meet you in NY next year!! Next, I want to say I totally appreciate all the new blogging buddies I have met. I love that you have reached out to a total stranger to let me know how much you like reading about my super special little guy! It makes me feel good to know that people care. Also, the new "actual, in person" friends that I have made on here! It's so hard living in a place without your family and friends...so knowing just a few more people makes it that much more special! OK, enough with the mushy stuff and onto more exciting stuff....are you ready!?

Now, I know I said in the past that Cole was sitting up. Well, he was, but on his terms and they weren't very often and now I can say that Cole is OFFICIALLY sitting up!! We sat on the ground and rolled the ball back and forth to each other!! Can you believe it? It started on Thursday when we went to a play group function at Pump It Up Jr. which is a bounce house. He sat up on his own and was playing with the other kids!! I was so proud! This is huge for an LP kid!
Also, he is cruising!! He pulls himself up to stand next to the coffee table or the couch and just cruises next to it...then he will plop himself down on his butt...my big boy!! Making you mama proud...

The most exciting news of all....My friend sleep has returned! I didn't want to jinx it, but it's been going on now for a few weeks so I think it's safe to let the cat out of the bag. Man, it feels good!

I know it's a boring post without any visual stimulation, but it's late and I don't feel like searching for my camera, but I promise to astound you another day with how impressive my little man is!

17 sweet comments:

Michelle said...

Aw, Katie that is soooo great!
I can't believe it has already been a year, Cole is so precious, Katelyn and I love reading about all the great things he is doing...
You are so lucky to have our friend sleep back, KAtelyn was doing so good and then we went on vacation and now its all over... hopefully sleep decides to come back soon!

Alex said...

Katie, you were the first person I emailed when I was told about Anais' dwarfism and you were SO nice with me! You are the one who made me want to be a part of the "blogging family" and I sincerely thank you for that! I have been in contact with wonderful people (you, Kim, Mike, Tonya etc...).
I can't wait to meet you guys in NYC!

Mike said...

Woot! Those milestones are so amazing, aren't they? Caitlin's started cruising too, mostly along the TV console to the home theater so she can mess with the volume while her brother is watching a movie, of course! Hehehe... Congrats on the 100th post too, of course... I'll make hundreds of comments, but if each post takes as long as this last one has it'll take me 5 years to get to 100! LOL

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
Happy 100th! I too am so glad to have met our "LP blogging family" it is such a wonderful resource!
Adorable pictures of Cole swinging below! He is getting so "little boy" and not "baby" anymore :-)
Trisha

Jodi said...

Happy 100th! I've had a blog since 06, and I don't have 100 posts yet! (I'm a bad blogger!)
Also, congrats on Cole sitting up and scooting! That's great!

Kim said...

Ok so my comment erased! I am so proud of COle. That is truly such a major accomplishment.
Happy 100th! I am so excited to meet you in NYC next year. It is going to be a blast.

Sarah and Matt said...

We feel so lucky to have 'met' you and your family too. Us LP families really do have a special bond and it's so fun how many kids there are all over the place that are so close in age. We can't wait to meet you guys next year either! I'm also glad you are getting some sleep!! That's great news. Can't wait to see more pics of that cute little man soon...I added a video of Kaela last night sometime soon after you posted so check it out :) YOu can see her in action.

mblance said...

Hi Katie..you don't know me, but I am a friend of Cara's...one of your new playdate buddies. I love reading your blog and keeping up with Cole...he is so C-U-T-E!!! I love that smile!! BTW, I am also obsessed with the Twilight Series...I just finished Breaking Dawn and now I am in withdrawals from Bella and Edward!!

Mary Beth

Jillsblog said...

Isn't it funny, how we all have met? I was talking about the "blogs" this weekend and saying how we all help each other out, laugh, cry and make new friends all over the country. I love it!!!

I can't wait for NY next year, we should get LPA to have a "blogging family room"...

Congrats on sleep, it is definetly not over rated!!!

mandymomof2 said...

I found your blog through Tonya's.
What a cute little man you have there. Can't wait to read more of you. Do you think I could add you to my blog role. Come on over and let me know.

Team Carroll said...

Yay for sweet Cole!!! How exciting!!! Don't you just love all these stages?! We can't wait to see you guys again...hopefully soon!!

Lisa said...

Congrats on the anniversary! Very exciting. I agree - it's so nice to have the blogging world! What would we do without it? What did we do without it?

Destini said...

Ok, so I just read the last several posts! First, go Cole on sitting up! Love the pics of the swing -I know I've said it before, but I just can't get over how Cole is "growing up" over the past couple of months - he's looking like such a big boy!

Tonya said...

YEAH COLE!!! Good job with sitting up! Know, peice of advice...teach him to fall! Trust me, he'll need it! That noggin of his will be the first thing that hits the floor when he is wanting to change the way he is sitting.

Secondly, I LOVE the pics that you had done! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Scott said...

Hey Katie,

Thank YOU for making the blog, sharing your life and keeping it updated so regularly.
Cole is looking great ! What a big boy he's becoming!

Scott

Jamie, Jordan, and Maleia said...

Hello,
I have never commented on your page before, and have not read it until today... I saw you commented on Scott and Tracey's blog about little Colby. I also live in Texas, Keller to be exact. I just wanted to say that your little boy is so beautiful!!! He looks so happy, and has a million dollar smile!!! :D My daughter was born with Down Syndrome, Maleia, she is 16 months old. I love her more than anything in the world. If you would like to talk my email is jlfabel@yahoo.com. I know this is kind of odd, but it is nice to talk to someone in the same state.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Jamie Fabel

the rodriguez crew said...

Katie,
Great news for Cole, and great news for YOU (I am finally getting sleep again too!).

I found your blog (hang with me here) ... my good friend sent me Summer, Justin, & Blake's b/c she knows of them thru a family member, which led me to the Poe Fam, which led me to Cara Carroll's, which led me to yours! ha! At least I can still narrow the chain down!

Your blog is way fun to read (some just keep you coming back for more) ... thanks for letting me keep up!

:) paige