Aug 7, 2008

How Does He Measure?

Well, Cole had his 12 month check-up today with his pediatrician. She thought he looked great and was very happy with where he is developmentally and informed me that he isn't too far off of what other children his age are doing. So that was good news! I asked her about his car seat and whether to turn it forward facing yet. The law states a child must be 20 lbs AND 1 year of age...which btw Cole is!! Her thoughts are to keep any child rear facing until at least 15-18 months old and especially Cole since he is so top heavy. We got Cole's new big boy car seat today and I'm in love with it!! He got the Britax Marathon in onyx and I can't wait to put him in it...rear facing of course! His ears looked good and overall she was very impressed with how healthy Cole has been otherwise...knock on wood ;)

Cole's 12 month stats:
Weight- 20 lbs 7 oz
-95% achon chart-14% avg. chart
Height- 28 1/2 inches
-95% achon chart-11% avg. chart
Head- 21 1/2 inches
-95% achon chart-not sure about avg. chart

Cole is still hanging on to the average charts, but I know he will really start to fall off of them now, which isn't a big deal. I just like to know where he is falling in with his peers. My boy is happy and healthy and full of life which is all I care about!

9 sweet comments:

Andrea said...

Evan is hanging on to the average charts, but hypos stay on a bit longer. Looks like Cole is doing great!! I love all his pudge rolls on his arms--super cutie!

Leann said...

yeay Cole! He's happy & healthy because he has a mama like you =)

Jennifer said...

He falls in the 100th %ile on the cuteness charts both AH and Achon!

The Hernandez Family said...

Well, his AH buddy Noah beats him in the weigh dept. My little chubs is only 7 months and already at 20 lbs. Sheshhhh! Time for the low fat baby formula! LOL Happy Birthday Cole, we hope you enjoyed all of your parties!

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex said...

Yep, happy and healthy! That is truly what matters! Way to go Cole!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
It's been a while since I left you a comment ... as you saw in my recent post things have been crazy! So I have a lot to catch up on! First of all, I love Cole's birthday pictures! 3 outfits means he is WELL LOVED :o)
The theme was very cute!
Second, I'm glad you survived the sleep study. I'm not sure how our kids are supposed to get a good nights sleep with all the wires, and goop they put on them! That pasty stuff is a pain to get out of their hair - let me know if you have any good tips!
Third,I'm glad his 12 month check up went well! We asked at our appointment on Monday about turning the car seat and she said to wait until closer to 18-20 months even though Caden has met the weight and age requirement - Agreeing with the top heavy part and poor trunk control.
I can't wait to hear the results of Cole's sleep study - I hope it is good news!
Trisha

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Cole! It looks like the party was a blast! Way cute cake!! I love the pics. Cole is such a cutie pie!

Kim said...

Katie,
He sounds like he is doing great. Preston was also 20 pounds at a year, but I kept him rear facing until about 15 months. I think Preston also measured like COle at a year. Cole is growing great! He is also such a cutie pie!