Aug 19, 2008

Sleep Apnea NO MORE!!

I just heard back from the ENT and Cole's sleep study showed that he didn't have any more sleep apnea! I'm overjoyed and so relieved. I had a rough morning fighting with our insurance company, so to get this news was wonderful! He didn't have any obstructed sleep apnea, thanks to the removal of his Tonsils and Adenoids. He had a few episodes of central sleep apnea, but the saturation of oxygen levels were still high enough. Most people, especially babies, have some sleep apnea without even knowing it, it's just to what degree it becomes a problem. I had them send over the study to our neurosurgeon so that he can review it with his MRI scans. I'm still waiting to here back from him. I just wanted to share the good news!!

15 sweet comments:

The Book of Renee and Ryan said...

That's wonderful news!! Congratulations to Cole and to you because I know you will sleep easier now!

Kim said...

What awesome news! I am so excited. You can rest a lot easier now!!!!

Michelle said...

That is such great news!!!

Lisa said...

That is wonderful news. We did three sleep studies with Liz and they're all so stressful - waiting for the results is always the worst. I'm glad you're doing a girls' weekend too. That's very important - especially for moms.

Leann said...

that's so great!

Alex said...

great news Katie!!

Chris & Emily said...

great news!! So funny that you commented on my blog today because I surfed to yours this morning and spent some time reading through your story. Cole is a cutie!!!

Jaime said...

Katie, what great news! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
Great news ... you must be SO relieved! Caden has another sleep study in October. I'm hoping we get the same results ... but I have a feeling we will not - Caden still snores quite a bit.
Trisha

Jillsblog said...

What a relief! You are lucky to have those happy results...congrats and sleep tight tonight!

Hall Family said...

Great news! I hope this means no sleep studies for a while.

Also, that is the cutest photo of Cole in the box on your blog.

Jennifer said...

Great news! I'm pulling for you that the MRI news is equally good! BTW, the pictures in your previous post are so cute. Cole is such a doll baby. What a happy boy!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad! What good news!

Juliane and Lukas said...

Hi, I'm fairly new to your blog, but very familiar with Cole's condition, as our son Lukas (born Feb.2007) has the same. The news about sleep apnea is great, and so important! Also, just wanted to mention how incredibly cute Cole is, I love his little smile!

Greene Family said...

Great news - Congratulations Cole!!