Aug 21, 2008

Swing for the Clouds

Cole and I had a blast today at the park! We fed the ducks...well I fed the ducks and Cole watched me...and Cole went on his very first swing! At first he wasn't so sure and then he discovered how much fun it was! I love watching Cole experience his 1st of everything! I've also been really playing around with photoshop and I hope you like what I've done with Cole's pictures! I'm really into vintage looking pictures right now :)Also, I wanted to share with you this amazing find! Have you ever seen these picture frames? Well, they are by a company called Sugarboo Designs and I absolutely LOVE them! I seriously would put one in every room...only problem...they are $250 a pop! Yep..that's right! I have been coveting them for 2 years now. A few weeks ago I happened upon an etsy site where an artist makes them for less than half! I got to pick the color and what I wanted it to say. I picked a silver sage color which is a restoration hardware color and the color of my bed linens and bathroom! The words on it are the lyrics to mine and Brooks' wedding song, My Best Friend by Tim McGraw. I am over the moon about it! I think I may be able to recreate this, but I will need to play with it a bit...I hope you like it!
My picture doesn't do it justice...

9 sweet comments:

Andrea said...

LOVE what you did with the photos!!! I've been playing around with the blending modes in PSE--way too much fun!! How did you do yours?? Any great tutorials that you use??

Katie said...

Andrea-
I've been playing with this website all day and I finally figured out how to do textures!
http://www.flickr.com/groups/372457@N22/discuss/72157604171756282/?search=tutorials+on+textures

This is the tutorial I used on how to do it. I just explored this flickr.com site and found tons of free textures for download and I just started playing! I learn a lot from pioneer woman also!

Jennjilla said...

I love your new frame and the work you did on your photos from today! I need to get as good as you, my editing skillz are definitely LACKING.

Jodi said...

You are very talented! I wish I could be half as good as you are with your pictures! You should do it for people. You could make a lot of money!

Holly said...

oh i really like that frame! we had similar frames made for our parents prior to our wedding, but never made one for ourselves! hmmm... i'm thinking this would be a good upcoming anniversary idea.. ;)

Emily said...

Katie, what version of Photoshop do you use? Great picture editing!

Katie said...

Emily-
I use PSE and CS3. These were done with CS3, but I know I could do them with elements also. I used textures that I found online and moerged them with the photo. If you want more info just email me and I'd be happy to help!

the rodriguez crew said...

katie,
love your blog, love your family ... keep up the great posts, and I especially loved this one b/c I want that frame!?! Awesome find!!

And I haven't gotten brave enough to try out Photoshop yet, but I drool over you girl's pictures who use it. So keep those tips coming! I might cave soon. :)

Kim said...

Katie-Your photos look amazing-of course you have a great model so taking a picture of Cole is easy!
I love the frame-it's beautiful. I may have to get one done!