Aug 8, 2008

Twilight!

O-M-G!! I am hooked on the new (to me) Stephenie Meyer series!! I bought Twilight on Tuesday and seriously finished it by Thursday..I couldn't put it down! I don't know where I found the time to read a 500 page book in two days..I guess Cole kind of just took care of himself! Just kiddin'...well sorta! It sounds like a weird premise...two teenagers that fall madly in love and he turns out to be a vampire, but seriously...sooo good! I just bought the second book in the series New Moon today, but I'm afraid to start it because I won't be able to get anything done and tomorrow is Cole's LAST birthday party! lol Twilight was just made into a movie that is coming out in December!! (click the link for the movie trailer)


I'm sooo on the bandwagon! Wanna join me?

11 sweet comments:

Andrea said...

I started them on Monday and I'm half way through the third (my hubby is out of town--my excuse for being such a maniac reader). I'm hunting down the forth tomorrow! Enjoy!!

How Life Is Measured said...

Oh Jeeze Katie,
If I wasn't on the Twilight bandwagon before I am now. I've never even heard of the series before a week and 1/2 ago and all of a sudden it's everywhere. I'm buying tomorrow and I'm a fast reader. I'll let you know how it goes!
Cat

Danielle said...

That's too funny you posted this. I was up until 12:20 am reading this (my 2 year old was also giving me trouble, partly why i was able to be up so late), I started last night and read half of it. I had never even heard of it until tuesday when I read it on a blog!! I also have the second one sitting here waiting for me...I know I will want to start it as soon as I finish this one!

danielle

Sarah and Matt said...

Okay, I wanted to read the book after reading your post and watching the trailer, but now reading some of the comments I think I'm going to go out and buy it today :) I'll let you know what I think...I used to be an increadibly fast reader...now it's much harder with a 13 month old and a 21/2 year old! But sometimes they fend for themselves too :) J/K. (sorta like you said)

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
I am SO Jealous you have time to read! I'm not into the books but I have heard about them. One of our parents at school is into them. Here is a link to her blog on which she has links to several blogs about this series. Happy Reading!
Trisha

Caden and Mommy said...

duh - forgot the link, here ya go: http://akdserendipity.blogspot.com/

Leann said...

hahaha! I bought it on Tuesday ...and finished it on Thursday as well! crazy! I am hooked too!

Jillsblog said...

oooh, I will have to look into this. I just got from vacation and I read "The Friday night knitting club" and "Love the one you are with.." We could do an online book club...wouldn't that be fun.

PS. Happy 1st bday Cole, he is the cutest. JD screamed through his first bday cake episode too!

emily said...

Just bought it and can't wait to start it...however I am dragging myself through the end of the novel I am currently reading. I have this thing where once I start a book I must finish it, even if I hate it...so I am speed-reading through this terrible book so I can jump on the Twilight bandwagon!

Sarah and Matt said...

I have to comment again about this, sorry. I went out and bought the first 2 books on Saturday night at 10. I finished the first book last night...I'm obsessed too! I can't wait to get out of work to go start the sec. one :) Thanks for the good book idea!!

Holly & Jon said...

ooohhh i love book recommendations! i am currently reading "Love the one you're with" by Emily Griffin. Maybe when I finish that one, I will start Twilight. But the whole vampire thing sounds weird to me...haha!