Sep 25, 2008

Back Brace?

Not for Cole! We had an Xray taken of Cole's back today and the Doctor thought that Cole looked great! No need for a brace right now. We will have another Xray taken in 4-6 months to recheck it, but she doesn't think he will need one. Since he's been standing, the Kyphosis looks so much better...which is what is supposed to be happening. She thought that he was doing really well and was very happy with where he is developmentally...big sigh of relief.

So, we were at the Children's hospital today and I am almost positive that I saw a little girl that was a primordial dwarf. This is a pretty rare type of dwarfism and I was shocked to see her. My husband and I wanted to talk to the mom, but we chickened out. I'm not sure if they spoke English and I just didn't know how to approach them. We only had about 5 seconds to react before they jumped on the elevator. Here are a few pictures of Cole today.

What's better than 1 Cole....2 of Cole!!!




Busy playing while waiting for the doctor

Completely tuckered out after being at the hospital for 2 hours and missing his morning nap.

12 sweet comments:

Becky said...

YAY Cole! Great news! I love the pictures. You're such a great photographer Katie! It doesn't hurt that you have such a cutie to work with!

I need help to make my blog pretty. Trisha said you were the one to talk to about that. Can you help me?

Becky

Alex said...

that's great!!! Cole is so adorable, he looks like such a good kid!

Kim said...

You have gotten the best news this week! I am so happy for you guys. The pictures of Cole are so adorable. I love the one of him and Brooks. So cute.

Jaime said...

What wonderful news Katie! We're so happy for you, Brooks and most definitely Cole! I remember our appointment when we found out that Caitlyn's kyphosis was straightening out on it's own. Finding out that your baby doesn't have to wear a brace, calls for a celebration!

Emily said...

Oh, he is just so cute!! So glad to hear that everything is looking good! I'm sure the docs were quite charmed by that adorable face.

Hall Family said...

Great news! And thanks for all the cute photos! He is so adorable.

Leann said...

That's great, Katie! Yay Cole!

Destini said...

Great news! Now I am totally convinced that we have to go to the convention next July, Trace "knows" Cole and his other blog friends - he was just yelling - "looky Cold, looky Cold" - sorry Cole, Trace thinks your name is Cold - we'll work on it :)

Jillsblog said...

Oh, you are so lucky!!! No brace! We are certainly jealous!!! He is too cute and such a happy kid. Love the "BOO" design. You are certainly talented...

Jennifer said...

Great news that Cole is doing so well. He's such a wonderful boy!

Greene Family said...

Great news - I'm so happy for you guys!! Cole is adorable in all of the pics . . . so great - 2 of Cole!!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
I'm so happy you keep getting positives back for Cole! Can he send some of his good Karma Caden's way?
Adorable Pictures ... I love the stamp pad "lunch" pictures in the above post!
Trisha