Sep 23, 2008

Neurosurgeon Report

We had our appointment with our neurosurgeon today regarding Cole's MRI he had back in August. It's funny because we actually really liked the doctor today. Usually he is not very friendly, never smiles, uses really big words and just acts like he doesn't care. Today he was happy and smiling and really explained things for us to understand!
As of right now, Cole DOES NOT need any surgery!!! His head has grown and is rather large, but our doctor said as of right now he doesn't want to operate. He is developing physically really well and on the scans it didn't show all the bad things they look for. He also showed us a scan of one of his patients with Achondroplasia that needed the Decompression Surgery as well at ETV and his looked totally different from Coles! He did however ask that we go see an Eye Doctor to check the pressure behind his eyes and as long as that is good then we are in the clear until December when he has his next MRI!! Such great news!

Thursday, Cole will be having X-rays of his back taken for the Orthopedic doctor. I'll let you know how that goes....just another week of an LP parent :)

I also have some cute pictures to post of Cole from this weekend! We went up to Lake Texoma in Oklahoma for the day!

12 sweet comments:

Kim said...

Katie-That is great news! I am hoping that his x-rays come out as great as his neuro report! I am so happy there is no surgery in his future!

Destini said...

What great news! Trace had his MRI last week and we go Monday to see his neurosurgeon - hopefully we get good news too! You need to get those pictures of Cole up, I am starting to have withdrawl!

Emily said...

Yay for the good report! Now you can breathe easy for a while. Cole is looking just awesome!

The Lance Family said...

Hi Katie! I am a friend of Cara's and I stalk your blog frequently! I am so glad everything turned out okay with Cole!! If you need the name of an AWESOME eye doctor, please email me and I will give you his information!

Mary Beth
Plasticnrs@yahoo.com

Lisa said...

Congrats on the nuero surgeon report. We had to do the eye-doc report to with Liz a few times, and I'm convinced that will go well too!

Becky said...

Such good news! Good luck with the x-ray too! I can't wait to see the new pics of your handsome little man!

Greene Family said...

Great news!! I hope you get great news from Cole's back x-rays too! I can't wait to see the new pics!

The Hernandez Family said...

We are so happy to hear the good news! Keeping our fingers crossed for more good news after the x-rays!

Hall Family said...

Great news! I hope the x-rays go well. Parker HATED them. He screamed the whole time.

The Book of Renee and Ryan said...

That is such great news! Good luck with the next appointment! And, good luck with your new business too! You're so creative!

Jillsblog said...

Hi Katie!
We did the eye doctor thing, it is a piece of cake. JD's neuro says the same thing, he is developing normally so let's not do surgery as of yet!!! Another LP parent week is right. Glad to hear things are good!!!!
Jill

Becky said...

this is WONDERFUL news!!! I'm so excited and have no doubt that the next MRI will bring about just as good of news as this one. And I choose to believe his eye appointment will have just as great of an outcome!! YIPPEE!!