Sep 24, 2008

Our "Mini" Day Trip

This past Saturday we drove up to Lake Texoma, which is right over the border into Oklahoma. It's only about an hour drive from us and Brooks has been wanting to go see it since we moved to Texas. I finally gave in, so we packed the car up and loaded Cole in and took off for the day. We had a really good time! We had lunch right before we went to the lake and Cole enjoyed watching all the people. He napped on his way up so when we got there he was in a good mood. We didn't plan on going in the lake, just exploring it. Luckily I had a towel in the car, so we put it on the grass and hung out. Cole hates grass!! The towel was like a mini island and he would not get off of it. That was very nice for us since we didn't have to chase him all around. He just crawled all over us and loved on us for a bit. We had some great family time without the TV on or cell phones or any interruptions! The next time we head up there we want to take our two boxers who would have LOVED running around this place...next time Honey and Riley, I promise!





12 sweet comments:

Hall Family said...

He is such a cutie! Looks like you had a great day. Too funny that he doesn't like grass! :-)

Slinkard Family said...

As with so many in the blogging community, you don't know me. But, I read your blog daily. My little one is about to be nine months old. I love keeping up with other moms. Let me just say, Cole is getting cuter by the day, if that's possible. Your post today reminds me that my little family and I need to take more trips just such as this. They don't have to be fancy, we just need to be together. No TV. No Internet. No cell phones (well, that may be dreaming!). Anyway, keep it up!

Greene Family said...

Cute pics!! What a fun day - I love day trips! That is so funny that Cole doesn't like grass . . . we have just the opposite with Simon in that we can't keep him on the blanket outside because he wants to play in the grass! :)

Emily said...

Sweet pictures! Glad you guys had a fun family day!!

Alex said...

I love days like these!!!

Jaime said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Love the picture of Cole testing out the water. Caitlyn would have been in and taken off swimming in her floatie. She loves the water! Glad you had fun!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
Cute pictures - glad you guys were able to get away for a fun little adventure! Also, happy to hear the neurosurgeon report was good! You must be SOOO relieved!!!!
Trisha

Holly said...

i love the first picture of your boys! cole is so photogenic and so stinkin' cute!!

Ever Changing said...

Lilah and Cole would have been stuck on the same Towel Island together! She does not like the grass either! Cute pictures and love seeing those smiles!

Kim said...

Katie-I have that beach towel! How funny!
Cole and Brooks are just too cute in all their new photographs. What a fun day trip.
And I have checked out your store-next one of my friends that is having a baby-you are getting a sale from me because I love the letters!

QGIRL said...

Cole is truly beautiful. So photogenic!
p.s. I miss the Dallas area!

Destini said...

What great pictures! Sigh, I remember the days when the kids were little and scared of grass - now we have to chase them all over the place!