Sep 2, 2008

Palm Springs- VIP weekend 2008!

Just got back from the most fabulous weekend EVER! Seriously!! I needed this girl time like no other. We checked in on Friday to this really cool trendy boutique hotel where we had a 3 bedroom suit all to ourselves. There were 7 of us and we usually just share one bedroom with one bathroom...you do that math...not pretty. This weekend we had 3 bathrooms!! It was so nice. Now in the picture you may count 8 girls and that's because one of the girls only came down to dinner on Friday night since she couldn't stay all weekend. I just didn't want you thinking I didn't know how to count...We had matching sweatshirts made to remember our girls weekend! We try and get together once a year for a VIP weekend. These are my fabulous Alpha Phi sorority sisters and we spent most of the weekend taking pictures!We spent all day Saturday lounging by the pool. We had our own cabana with everything you would need for a day in the sun. What is so nice about Palm Springs is that the male population down there aren't typically into the female species...if you know what I mean. We had a totally catcalling, pickup trying free weekend! Ahh what a nice change from our usual Vegas trip.We made the best of friends that day with 3 guys from Orange County who took us out on the town with them. Lets just say that these guys weren't interested in us girls. They were so much fun and showed us their "hangout" spot!This was the best weekend ever! Thank you to all my VIP girls! I can't wait for next year!

If you were wondering how Brooks did ALL weekend with Cole....lets just say I got a big hug and a "I'm sooo glad you are home." LOL Brooks' best friend flew in from Michigan for the weekend so they had a guys only time. He was exhausted Sunday night when he picked me up from the airport. It's tough work taking care of a 13 month old all by yourself...I'm glad to know I'm appreciated :)

10 sweet comments:

Holly said...

I had the BEST time EVER..and I CANNOT wait for our Twilight girls date!!

I'm glad to hear Brooks survived! haha!!!

Miss you!!

xoxo

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a perfect weekend. I believe all moms need time to themselves every once in awhile. Then, when you return you're refreshed and ready to go. It actually makes us better moms to have these weekend gettaways! Glad you did it.

Emily said...

WooHoo! Sounds like a blast! Glad you enjoyed yourself, there's nothing better than some "me" time to truly appreciate being a mommy :-)

Wright Family said...

So I had to comment!!! I am a friend of Cara's and often venture onto your cute blog! When I saw that A-Phi sweatshirt I had to give out some love!!!! I am a PHI from Tech '03! Where did you graduate from????

Kim said...

Katie-You guys looked adorable in the sweatshirts. I am glad you enjoyed your weekend! You deserved it! It sounded like a blast.
As always you looked GREAT in the pics. I love the blue dress!

Team Carroll said...

Isn't it fun to know you're appreciated ;) It looks like you guys had a BLAST!! Y'all are TOO stinkin' cute!!! Love the matching sweatshirts...too much!! You are such a doll!! Can't wait to see you next week! It'll be fun :)

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
Looks like a very much deserved fun time! Your tour guides looked like a hoot!
I'm glad the boys survived. It's good for our husbands to do that occasionally - it makes them appreciate us more!
Trisha

Jillsblog said...

Wow, maybe we should do a LP moms weekend! Matching shirts and all. Looks like you have a great bunch of girlfriends...glad to see you had some much deserved fun!

Greene Family said...

Hi Katie,

It looks like you gals had a blast - love the matching sweatshirts! I agree with Jill in that we should do a LP moms weekend! :)

I love the pic of Cole on the bench - SO cute!

Jenn

Jaime said...

Katie, it looks like you had a wonderful time with your girlfriends. I am hoping to get away with a few of my college friends and we were thinking about Palm Springs. The place you stayed looks and sounds incredible. Could you send me the info? Thanks!