Sep 11, 2008

Remembering

Where were you 7 years ago today? I was a sophomore in college, still living at home, waking up to go to class. I remember sitting in shock as I watched the news. A rush of emotions. How many people had lost their husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons and friends. The senseless act of terrorism on our soil. Even today, I get emotional watching scenes from that day. Imagining those were my loved ones.

I am so thankful to be an American. We live in the land of opportunity. We can be anything and anyone we want. I am so grateful to be here today with all the wealth that I have. I don't mean monetary wealth. I mean, I have a roof over my head, a wonderful family, friends who give me all the support I need and a feeling of safety and security. As we remember September 11, 2001 please pray for all the people that lost their lives that day and for the people who are still fighting for our country. We will always remember.

4 sweet comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
Very nice post! We don't turn the TV on in the morning so I was clueless. I remember I was driving to work and I had the radio on and they were talking about it ... but it took me a while to get what was going on and that it was a catastrophic event. I called Dan at home to tell him to turn on the TV something was happening ... Once I got to work - I felt we shouldn't be there, we should be with our loved ones! Hard to believe it was 7 years ago! We are very fortunate to live in America!
Trisha

Mike said...

I tried to write a bit about how I felt that morning, and it turned into a complete blog post by itself so I decided not to leave it here and clog up your comment section... Here's to a day without politics, though!

In remembrance...

Greene Family said...

It is hard to believe it was 7 years ago . . . seems like just yesterday every year when I rewatch the videos and see the memorials. God Bless!

Poefam said...

Katie,
My heart smiled as I clicked on your blog from my "confession post" and read all about your sweet family! I love reading about precious Cole and your journey together with him!!! I can't wait to keep in touch with your family through this crazy blog world...and, seriously, I may need you to make me a frame. The one you made with the lyrics to your song is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! ... Anyway, thanks for confessing...
be in touch!!! :)