Sep 17, 2008

We've been busy!

Cole and I have been keeping ourselves busy! We went to a pajama play date last week and made some new, fun friends! Out of the 5 kids that were there, 4 of them were 9 days apart and Cole and one of the boys have the same birthday! They even convinced me to join another playgroup, which I'm looking forward to meeting the moms! I had 2 nights in a row to hang out with friends...can you believe it? I was invited to a girls game night by one of my new friends, Cara, and I had such a great time. I met some wonderful ladies with kids around Cole's age! How fun is that? The next night was my friend and neighbor, Amanda's birthday and I had so much fun hanging with all of my super fun neighbys! They are also the girls that I play bunco with once a month. Which we have playfully nicknamed Drunk-O! haha Cole is getting so active! I have so many videos to share with you! Yesterday, he made it to the top of our stairs and back down all by himself. He has 2 more teeth popping through as we speak and you should see him push around his little car/push toy....man is he fast!! Here he is watching the Backyardigans...our favorite cartoon!! He's been sleeping through the entire night and taking such great naps during the day!! I also taught him his first trick!! It seems like all the other kids around us have fun tricks to show off to people and now we have one too! I ask Cole to give me kissies and he makes kissing noises in a row. Don't get too close to those deceptively sweet kisses though, because his idea of a kiss is biting your lips! Ya, ouch is right!



I FINALLY finished the 4th book of the Twilight series! I know, it took me longer than I wanted, but we've been busy and I haven't had much time for reading. I was super happy with the ending and I can't wait for the movie to come out!! My girls from home and I have a Twilight movie night planned when I come home for Christmas. I'm totally TEAM EDWARD! I just started the Emily Griffin books today. I'm reading Something Borrowed. I'll let you know how I like them...I will leave you with some pictures of my boy and I promise to get to downloading the videos soon! I promise that you won't be disappointed!

Where do they learn these things??

18 sweet comments:

Anonymous said...

I started reading the Emily Griffin books too...I am going to start the Twilight series now that all you girls are loving them and my sisters have finished them.

Luica

Anonymous said...

lol I guess i can spell my name...Lucia ;)

Mike said...

The pic of Cole crashed out in the carseat after playgroup is adorable! They're so cute when they're asleep... and quiet!

The nose-picking one cracked me up, too - as soon as Caitlin discovered that her finger is exactly the right size to fit in her nose, she started sticking it up there every chance she got!

Destini said...

How much fun have you been having! Sometimes I wish we had neighbors, then as the kids run around the yard in their PJs and I sit on the porch in my bathrobe I realize that the dogs and horses make great neighbors! Cole is really progressing with his physical development - and nose picking :)

Hall Family said...

Look at him sitting up like such a big boy! Parker just figured out how to sit, but now he is too busy to do it -- it is just go, go, go around our home.

Looking forward to some videos!

Greene Family said...

It sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun! The playgroups sound great! Cole is so cute . . . the nose picking pic is so funny - he looks proud of his accopmplishment! :)

Jillsblog said...

Too cute. He is getting so big and looks so much like a little boy!!!

I have all the Emily Giffin books, would you like them...They are just collecting dust....let me know, I will mail them to you (love to send off)

Mattilyn Paige said...

Cole looks mesmerized at the Backyardigans...I can't even TALK to Matti when she's watching them! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Emily Giffin! I've followed her from the beginning and even went to one of her book signings in Cali. Something borrowed and Something blue are my FAVORITES! The other are great, too. Let me know what you think when you're done with Something Borrowed :)

Kim said...

Katie-Cole is soooo freakin cute! I love pj pictures so much. They are so cuddly.
I am so happy you are making all these friends. This weekend I am going to a girls party with my friend Jordana who lives down here. Hopefully I will meet some new chickies to hang out with.
I love that Cole also picks his nose. Preston lately is just digging for gold all day. I have been telling him to stop picking or he is going to get an elephant nose! :-)

Emily said...

A pajama play date sounds so much fun! Cole is adorable as always, and looking like such a big boy lately. I'm jealous of your girls nights out, I could use one of those myself!!

Sarah and Matt said...

So happy to get more pics of our sweet boy Cole. He is just too cute for words!!! It sounds like you really have been busy. I'm so glad you are having fun meeting new people and making new friends. It's always nice meeting people you like who have kids around the same age. It just seems to make things easier sometimes.
I'm going to have to check out the Emily Griffin books now. You know you're my go to person now :) ha ha. I read the Tori spealling book...it was fun to read. And by the way- I'm an Edward fan too :) Two other girls in my office read the books after I told them they had too and it's fun to see how people pick a side. I'm the edward fan, ones a jacob fan and the other really just likes Bella :) Anyway- cute post. Look forward to seeing the videos! Sarah

Alex said...

Cole is so cute! I love the picture where he's watching TV.
I'm glad you are getting some "grown up" time, it's so important!

The Hernandez Family said...

Love the new pictures! I need to find some play groups for Noah and I! You always have so much fun at yours.

Team Carroll said...

The newest round of pics are TOO cute!!! LOVE them! I'm so glad you came last week!! I had so much fun with you...we'll have to do something again soon!! I seriously want to borrow your "Twilight" books! I need to get on the bandwagon!!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!

It seems like Cole is maturing weekly ... he is looking so "big boy". I love the pic of him watching the Backyardigans. Caden loves that show too. I just bought the Backyardigans DVD to take with us to the sleep study Saturday night. I am hoping it will distract him while they put all that goo in his hair and the sensors.
Caden has also just discovered his nose ... and that is is fun to stick his finger up it. UGH!
Trisha

Jaime said...

I have read Emily Giffin's book "Baby Proof" and you are welcome to have it if you would like. I do not have any of her others but am looking forward to eventually reading them. I have so many books on my bookshelf that I have to read - I pick them up at Thrift stores for 25-50 cents each, can't beat that! Let me know if you would like the book and I'll send it if you do.

Chris and Emily said...

too cute- I just love little cuties in pj's and Cole certainly fits the bill.

Jenn said...

The E.G books are good, I love how Something Borrowed and Blue are the same story essentially from 2 different POV's. I finished all 4 of her books a while back. Baby Proof is cute, and so is her newest, Love the One Your With. Right now I'm reading Chasing Harry Winston....couldn't resist a book with such fabulous rings on the cover! Love you my love! Jenn