Sep 4, 2008

What We've Been Up To Lately!

We wanted to fill you in with what we've been up to lately!

Cole decided one evening that he would like to help me cook dinner! Oh, what a help he was too. Somehow the wooden spoon became his new favorite toy that day and would not let me take it away from him. It's always the non-traditional cheap items that become the "it" toy! Go figure...

For Cole's birthday he received a toy that can be either a walker or a car to ride on. He LOVES to sit on the car and watch cartoons. It's so funny because he likes for his feet to be on the ground, but he can only manage to get one foot on the ground and the other is in the air. He can scoot himself around by his little toes that reach. I have video to share...if I ever get around to downloading it.We've had 2 play dates in the past few days! One of my sorority sisters moved to Louisiana not to long ago and was evacuated for the hurricane. Lucky for me, she came to Dallas and I finally got to meet her adorable, little flirt for a son Noah! We went to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and let's just say that Cole kept me on my toes. He was awful!! He wouldn't stop crying and fussing and grabbing EVERYTHING!! Including the hot wing sauce right off the table. He dumped it all over himself...ugh! What a mess. He wouldn't stay in his high chair and the entire time little Noah, who is 8 months old, just sat there watching him. He was probably thinking, "ewww you are going to get it when you get home!" At the end lunch we put both boys on the table and Noah got Cole in a head lock and planted smooches all over his head!! I was shocked! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen! Cole was not impressed at all. Noah would grab Cole by both sides of his head and pull his hair so that he could get a good kiss on Cole! I wish I had video. Cole looked like a dear caught in headlights...On Tuesday, we had a new friend that we met at our playgroup come over for a visit with her daughter Jorja! Jorja is 9 days older than Cole and so super cute! Now, I know that Cole is 'small' for his age, but Jorja is completely beyond the 100% for both height and weight and she makes Cole look extra small. She also makes Cole look like such a baby still...she is walking and talking and sooo smart! I know you aren't supposed to compare your child to others, but I kept telling Cole...now why can't you do that? I don't mean the walking, but the intellectual things. Becky's cell phone rang at one point and automatically Jorja starts saying Dada, Dada! When my phone rings Cole just blanking stares around the room. OK, I know I'm giving Cole a hard time, but I hope I'm working with him enough to catch up. Lastly, I didn't want to share Cole's Halloween costume until well, Halloween, but I couldn't resist sharing these pictures I took when trying on his outfit. Cole is definitely the cutest predator in the sea! He had an absolute melt down when I put this on him....

exhibit A: Throwing a temper tantrum

Exhibit B: Tears streaming down face Exhibit C: Yes, he did fall backwards

I guess we better start weaning him into wearing this slowly or it may be a loooong night come October 31!

22 sweet comments:

The Ripleys' said...

Oh..my...gawh that is the cutest costume ever!! HEHE
OH I love the new pictures at the park, they are gorgeous!

Also thanks for the site for the picture frames. I had to get one!

Have a great weekend.

Holly said...

i cannot stop laughing at those costume pictures!! POOR COLE!!! WHAT HAS MOMMY DONE TO YOU????!!! haha!! the picture of him falling backwards is hilarious!!

oh and seriously noah & cole couldnt be cuter!

Mary Beth said...

I am laughing so hard I just had to make a comment. Exhibit A is hilarious!! Poor thing!! He is too cute!!!

Mary Beth

Kim said...

Katie
I love the close up picture of Cole-he is a little man now. Preston has the same toy. He loves to sit on it too to watch TV!!!! I left it in NY so my dad will have to remember to pack it when my apartment gets completely packed.
Don't worry about Cole "catching up." He will and when he does-watch out. Preston was very slow to talk and now never shuts up.
Preston walked at about 16 1/2 months. He took three steps, then five and the next day I swear was running!
I hear you on the restaurant thing-Preston is impossible unless he is stuffing his face. It was so much easier when they were infants!
BTW the Halloween costume is PRECIOUS!

Amanda said...

omg! That shark costume is TOOO CUTE!!!! Oh, I couldnt stop laughing at how he had a melt down too...I know exactly what that's like. I even had to go show my husband how stinkin cute your lil man is in that costume...

Tiffany said...

Can I just say....I am CRACKING up right now!!
Exhibit C is hysterical!!
I seriously can't stop laughing :-)

Cole is absolutely precious!

Jaime said...

Katie, the pictures of Cole in his costume just cracked me up! And I LOVE the one of him falling over in it. Caitlyn has done that before, but I was never able to actually catch it on camera. TOO CUTE!! Hopefully he'll feel better about the costume come Halloween!

Alex said...

I LOOOVE the costume!!!!

Sarah and Matt said...

Oh my gosh I can't even concentrate on the first part of your post because those pictures of Cole in the halloween outfit are TOO CUTE!! I was laughing out loud looking at him. He's sooo cute and it's hilarious how much you can tell he hates it :) Sometimes I think those are the positives of being a mom- torturing your kid a little! It sounds like you guys have been busy and seeing lots of friends. The pics of your friends son kissing Cole are too cute too. What great pics. I can't wait to love on Cole in person next year!!!

Emily said...

What a hilarious post! The pictures are great! Cole looks so grown-up sitting on his little car. I echo Kim here...don't worry at all about Cole catching up. He will in his own time, and also remember that girls and boys develop speech at very different rates! My daughter was speaking in sentences at a year old, and it took Seamus until almost three to have the same type of speech. No worries! They all get to where they need to be!

Jodi said...

He is the cutest thing! I like everyone else, the meltdown made me laugh! It's so cute though! And he is just the cutest thing!

Jennifer said...

Babies definitely develop at their own paces. Cole is doing fantastic and honsetly, when he's 25 yrs old and in medical school will anyone really care that he wasn't walking at 10 months or doing mathmateical equations at 2? He's perfect exactly as he is. Take it from an old mama...everything evens out in the end.

Jennifer said...

PS. LOVE the costume and the pictures! I think I'm just enjoying seeing Cole without a smile on his face. Smile free pictures of that baby are so rare!

Becky said...

okay seriously - I can't stop laughing at Cole in that Shark costume. HILARIOUS!!! Where on earth did you get that. Too funny. Seriously - tears are going to start rolling soon from the laughter. And you are so sweet to say those things about Jorja. Jorja is almost always bigger than most people twice her age so you know that has nothing to do with Cole and as far as the other stuff I'm pretty sure you are the one who told me Cole would be smarter than all of us combined... so, it will come friend. no worries! :) LOVED hanging with you guys.

Becky said...

Oh, and will you email me those pics?? I want to post on my blog too! :)

the rodriguez crew said...

katie, thanks for the sweet comment on our blog! this post had me cracking up! oh these poor babies, and how we torture them for their first halloweens. I'm already dreaming up ideas for J's first costume, and I'm not running any of them by my husband or I know I'll get a big fat NO! :)

Cole is mr. handsome, especially in his little plaid button up! so stinkin cute.

Destini said...

OMG, I just woke Taylor up (she's sleeping on me on the couch) laughing at those pictures of Cole!!! He is definitely the cutest shark I've ever seen - if he still hates it on Halloween, don't put it on him until you are ready to go out on the porch or go walk around, so maybe he'll be distracted by seeing the other kids!

Cole is smart, he figured out how to put one foot down and scoot himself around on his toy, right? Don't get discouraged, I didn't think Trace would ever talk and now he doesn't not talk - plus you can't compare him to girls, they are definitely more social creatures.

I wish you would have gotten a picture of Cole's face when Noah was kissing on him - I'm sure it was hilarious!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
Great pictures! Cole is doing so well developmentally, Go COLE!
That shark costume is adorable, we had seen it at Babystyle! Dan and I can't agree on a costume for Caden :0( Good thing we still have several weeks!
Trisha

Tanya said...

Katie! So cute! I love the costume....I can't decide what Dylan should be! :) Glad you are having a fun summer....its going by too fast!

Becky said...

Too Cute!! I love the costume! The pics of Noah loving Cole is adorable too!

Hilary said...

What a cutie Cole is!! I love his shark costume..never seen one before Love it!!

Greene Family said...

Oh my . . . he is just too cute!! I love the shark costume, and I hope he likes it more by Halloween!