Oct 11, 2008

Good Times!

Yesterday, Cole and I met our sweet friends Becky and Jorja over at Peter Piper Pizza for some cheap food and fun games! We had a great time together. The kids ate lunch before we played, but Cole could barely pay attention to his food. He was completely turned around in his highchair the entire time looking at all of the lights and kids. There wasn't too much the kids could play with, but they did have some little rides the could sit on. Oh My!! Cole wasn't so sure of the rides. He finally loosened up a bit at the end...Doesn't Cole look like such a big boy here?! Where is my baby??

Jorja was riding on the ice cream truck and we decided that it would be cute to get a picture of the 2 of them together and this is what happened...

Becky and I were dying laughing at this point! Jorja was so upset that Cole was coming in on her territory that she was trying to push him out...so of course Cole has a melt down! It seriously was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Cole was already terrified of this ride and it didn't help that neither of them wanted Cole to be in there...including Cole! Haha!!
So, we figured we would try it again...this time in the race car. This was the one ride that Cole actually thought was decent. Still, no real smile, but trust me...he liked it and then this happened...We thought it would be cute to get a picture of them in the car together like they were on a little baby date....

Thanks for all the fun, laughs and good times!

11 sweet comments:

Emily said...

Oh, the challenges of getting a decent picture of more than one child at a time! I seriously don't get it. I own maybe four photos where both my kids are looking at the camera and not crying. But Cole and Jorja are super cute anyway! Looks like a fun time!

Becky said...

OH MY GOSH!! I love it. I still laughed out loud when I saw the picture of them in that ice cream truck. HILARIOUS!!! Definitely one of the funnest play dates we've had! Can't wait to do it again. I know Jorja loves spending time with Cole, even if she doesn't show it - she doesn't want to put herself out there too quickly! :) Love the post - I'm gonna try and do mine today too!

Hall Family said...

The photos are too cute! I hope you had more fun than it looks like!

Aunt Jen said...

My boy definitly knows what he wants and does not want... He is so absolutely precious even though I too got a giggle from his traumatic experience. Thanks for sharing. Aunt Jen

Kim said...

Katie-Cole does look like such a big boy in these pictures! Wow! Preston used to be freaked by those rides too-now he loves them so get ready-the meltdowns will be when you want to leave!!!!
He is a super cutie and I Love his Nikes!!!!

Holly said...

Those pictures are CRACKING me up!!! Soooo funny!!!!! The picture of Cole in the Nascar is too precious, he's so adorable!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
Cute post ... I love that Cole has a girlfriend ... hopefully by homecoming his senior year he will be ready to ride in the car with a girl :0) Looks like you guys had a fund playdate!
Trisha

Jennifer said...

Too cute! Love the look on his face in the first picture. Somehow I don't think he'll still be crying when he gets a girl in the car with him when he's 16!

How Life Is Measured said...

That's hilarious! When you think about it men and women don't really evolve much from the toddler stage. They are still making each other crazy in adulthood!
I hope Cole isn't serious about this other girl. There will be some major broken hearts!
Cat

Greene Family said...

Too cute - yes, Cole looks like such a big boy now! We say the same thing lately with Simon - where's our baby?! The car pictures are priceless!

Sara said...

Katie -

The ice cream truck pictures are WONDERFUL!!! I am still laughing over them. Thank you for the bright spot in my day.

Sara