Oct 1, 2008

Guess What?!?

I did it! I signed up to run The White Rock Marathon! Ok...so maybe I signed up to be apart of a relay team to run the marathon. I don't know how many miles I am in charge of, but I'm thinking it will be around 5. This is A LOT for me! The most I've done is a 5K which is 3.1 miles. This race benefits Texas Scottish Rite Children's Hospital, which Cole is a patient at and I've always wanted to run it. Wish me luck!! I started training last night for it...I have about 2 1/2 months to get ready...awww I'm nervous!!

Onto other news...my baby has his first cold!!! Yes, Cole has a cold...try saying that 5 times fast. On Saturday, I had just got done bragging that Cole hasn't had a cold yet. Saturday night, what happens? He comes down with a nasty cold. I took him to the doctor on Monday and she gave him a decongestant because he is sooo stuffed up. Poor baby! He's feeling much better today. Speaking of today...Happy 14 Months my sweet boy!!!!

Not the best picture, but Cole is wearing his Hawaii shirt that Nana and Grandpa got him this year. It says "I may be small, but I'm still the Big Kahuna," very appropriate I must add!

15 sweet comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute picture of Cole!
It's a lot of work training...Jose and I have been training for the LA Marathon....You will do fine.
-Lucia

Mike said...

Good luck! Man, I get winded hiking up to my 6th floor office, even though I start on the 3rd floor! LOL

I forgot our kids were so close in age - Caitlin just hit 14 months a week and a half ago!

Slinkard Family said...

Kudos to you for signing up. That's probably just the motivation I would need to actually get in shape for something like that.

I had my baby home for the first eight months. Nary a cold. Not even a sniffle. The first week of daycare? Cold! I feel bad for them because there's not a whole lot they can do!

Cole is adorable, as usual.

Andrea said...

I can't even imagine! 14 months without a cold??? How did you do that!!??

I've never ran more than a 5K either and I've thought about doing a relay marathon--I'll see how it works out for you and then maybe attempt it!

Greene Family said...

Happy 14 months Cole!! Simon turned 14 months on Monday! Love the pic of Cole in his Hawaii shirt - too cute! I'm glad that he is starting to feel better - that first cold (actually any cold) is tough to see our little guys deal with.

Good luck training for the marathon - great cause too!

BTW - wow, I was surprised to see that you mailed the album already - thanks!! I can't wait to see it!

Alex said...

I love that shirt!!! Good luck on the marathon, it's for a great cause!

Emily said...

What an awesome t-shirt! Can we request one if Nana and Grandpa go back to Hawaii?? And good luck training! I'm up to 2.5 miles, feeling pretty good about that! Keep us updated with your progress.

Kim said...

Katie-I give you and Emily credit-I get tired thinking about running. I love thatpicture of Cole and I love the shirt. I hope he feels better really soon the poor thing. Cole is one healthy little bugger to have gone that long without a cold!
Hugs!

Tonya said...

Good Luck!!! I have never ran a marathon or anything close, so all my well wishes are hopefully going to help you!!

Poor Cole!! 1st colds are nasty! The snot, the stuffy nose, makes everyone miserable!! Hope he feeels better soon!

The Leonard Four said...

hi katie! thanks so much for your sweet comment in my guestbook. i've actually been "stalking" your blog for awhile now! cole is just the cutest thing ever! what a sweet little family you have!

good luck with the marathon...my brother-in-law do the turkey trot every thanksgiving, which i think is at white rock. is it the same one?

take care...

Supermom-In-Training said...

I'm running the marathon relay too! Let me know if you ever want to run together! I did 3.3 miles tonight and it was pretty tough! But I'm determined to do it!

Michelle said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!! Cole is sooo adorable, getting so big!

Jillsblog said...

I always tell people I couldn't run if you chased me. LOL Good luck to you what a great cause!!!

Cole is awesome and a lucky man to be on his first cold. We have seen way too many colds in JD's early years....

Cute shirt too!!!

Danielle said...

That's awesome Katie! I'm just starting to get into running...have fun training!!
and of course, cole is just a cutie!

Destini said...

You girls and your running, it doesn't even sound like fun to me! Good luck!

Cole looks extra ornery in his picture - boy are you in trouble!