Oct 4, 2008

A little KISS for you!

I recently joined another playgroup in our area and I've met some super sweet moms with babies Cole's age! We went to a lunch time play date at Cole's new friend, Nathan's house on Wednesday and had so much fun! There were 7 kids there and 6 of them were all within a month of each other!! AND...they actually all played pretty well together! Cole is working on the sharing thing. He has this toy, which I've blogged about before, where it is either a walker OR a car and he LOVES it! We take it with us everywhere because it's his favorite and he can get anywhere he needs to go and FAST. His friend, Nathan, had a toy similar to this on Wednesday except it was a firetruck...super cool! Cole pretty much claimed it all day. I swear he was throwing kids off of it that wanted a turn. Don't get in the way of a boy and his favorite toy! So, needless to say...we are working on sharing!

Cole and I have been having so much fun together lately. I love the age he is at!! I see him mature more and more every day. His new favorite thing is to sit in his stroller while I'm running. Oh, he just LOVES it! He sits straight up and claps and squeals and gives me the biggest smiles. When I stop, he looks at me like..."Why did you stop?" I just love seeing his little face light up. This kid is hardly ever on his bottom anymore. If he has the chance to pull himself to stand or push something so he can walk...he will! EVERYTHING becomes a method of transportation for him. His favorite thing to do is "walk." He's not yet attempting to let go, but I know it's right around the corner. I'm so proud of all the things that Cole is accomplishing.
I was playing with Cole's hair the other day and I thought these were too funny not to share...



Here Cole is giving Gene Simmons a run for his money! Rock on!


I have such a happy little guy! He just loves this toy...
Daddy and his 2 favorite boys

13 sweet comments:

Mike said...

Great pics! I love the faux hawk - I keep threatening to do that with Caitlin's hair, but her mommy won't let me for some reason. It's okay, her hair did that on its own for about two months anyway! Hehehe...

Congrats on the cruising - Caitlin's all over that too! She tried stealing a really great walker toy from some friends this weekend, and we're thinking about picking one up for her since she liked it so well - it's called the Shop N Grow and it's adjustable for height so it fits our kids better!

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/shop-grow-walker.aspx

Cole's really got the greatest smile!

The Lance Family said...

Great pictures! I LOVE the hair pictures...he is so cute!!!

Mary Beth

Heidi said...

Ok, I don't want to make you sad, but Cole is totally looking like a little man. He's losing that "baby" look! I can't believe how fast all of these babies are all growing up! Your little man is ADORABLE!!

Supermom-In-Training said...

The faux hawk is adorable! It sounds like Cole is ready for some firetrucks! JD is well-supplied if Cole ever wants to come over and play!

Emily said...

Yes! Love the Gene Simmons pic! Rock on, Cole! You are doing awesome with your physical achievements!!

Leann said...

Rock on Cole! Rock on with your cute self! Love the faux hawk!
Hey! our boys have the same toys and the same sippy cup! hehe! Troy loves that walker/bike thing and he pretty much ran the battery down on his learning table. =(

Hall Family said...

I think you should keep his hair like that all the time! :-)
Also, I like your new blog background. You are just too creative....

Greene Family said...

Adorable - love Cole's smile!! I love the faux hawk and the Gene Simmons pic too!
Way to go Cole on all of your accomplishments!! Simon is starting to walk along furniture and things too. He has a fire truck that he can sit on or push and he just loves it.

Alex said...

GREAT pics!!!! He's so cute with his mohawk!
I can totally feel the happiness in your pictures, I love it!

Kim said...

COle is super happy! I love the Gene Simmons pic. Preston loved that Leap Frog table. BEfore he started walking it was great because he could stand and play. Cole's walking is right around the corner-I feel it!
What great pictures! He is such a cute little bugger!

Destini said...

Those pictures are too funny! Cole is so much fun - you are right, his age is perfect - Trace now demands things and says no and has totally turned on his selective hearing - just warning you! I have threatened to get Trace a real mohawk, but we settle on the spiky hair - maybe next summer!

mandymomof2 said...

I just love the Gene Simmons look. I love his age to.
I am sure he will be on the move soon.

Becky said...

oh my! LOVE the mohawk. So cute. And I definitely think you have a little rocker on your hands... maybe you need to get him his first guitar soon! :)