Oct 28, 2008

{mY tUeSdAy RaNt}

Here is my gripe for they day...
In my mall they have vendors that rent little booths down the middle of the mall. They sell things like make-up, soap, jewelry, phones etc. Why is it I feel like I'm in some touristy part of Mexico where all of the merchants are trying to sell you their items and not taking no as an answer!! You know the ones telling you that it's practically free...Ughh! All I want to do is shop in peace and not be harassed. NO..I don't want you to buff out my nails OR clean my ring OR show me what great make-up you have. Please wait for me to approach you because if I don't, that means that I'm not interested!! This lady seriously would not take no today. I told her I was in a hurry, which really I was, and she persisted to ask me if my nails were natural so she could show me how wonderful they could look all buffed out. I even resorted to pretend talking on my cell phone. Ya, I felt so silly walking towards Macy's pretending to have a conversation, but it kept them away.

17 sweet comments:

mandymomof2 said...

Oh I just hate when they do that. Don't you feel like they are a bunch of construction workers going " Hey baby ,Hey baby ,try my insert product here."

Glad that you got away without having to buy anything.

The Weisser's said...

I hate those people!!! Our mall has "French" people(They pretend to have French accents) & they want you to show them your hands. They are trying to sell some kind of lotion. I just walk by as fast as possible & act like I dont even see them!

Jodi said...

Yes, it is so ANNOYING!! I always try not to make eye contact, but it doesn't matter because they will chase you anyway!!

Danielle said...

That is too funny!! I always try to not make eye contact, have a conversation with the air next to me, or I just cut them off before they even talk. I know it's rude, but really if you aren't rude, they never back off!! they are as bad as the cell phone people...i always tell them i already have whatever company they work for...but they still bug me "oh I can get you a better plan..." Yeah, I don't think so!

the rodriguez crew said...

okay that is hilarious because I go on a rant every time I walk by those people and I have come so close to complaining to the mall (but never take the time)... i'm not the only one! NO ONE buys anything from them, they are borderline harrassing people (like for real), and I want to tell them off so badly! Whew, i am right there with ya sister.

Supermom-In-Training said...

My favorite one is the booth where they use strings to pull out your eyebrows - right in the middle of the mall, in front of everyone - that's where I would get groomed. NOT!

Andrea said...

Oh, and I love when they approach me while I'm walking with 4 kids! Does it look like I want to stop and listen to your thing! Doesn't sound like fun to me!s

Jillsblog said...

I don't like the guy that wears a "warm" neck thing around his neck...and says "would you like a small warm massage...." eewwww, no I would not! Good for you for making a conversation on your cell...too funny!

The Leonard Four said...

holy cow...i know exactly how you feel! i just got attacked last week! OOF!

btw...haven't commented in awhile, but cole seriously gets cuter all the time. the cowboy costume might be the cutest thing EVER! he's going to have a ball on friday! :)

The Lance Family said...

I can't stand those people...they drive me absolutely crazy!!! Now I am so rude to them sometimes I feel bad, but leave me alone and let me shop in peace!!!

Mary Beth

Kim said...

Yes please tell me all about your product while my child has wriggled out of the stroller, yelling for a cookie from the damn cookie vendor and my bags are cutting off the circulation to my pinky finger (which is where I am holding the bag at this point) but yes please show me you stupid nail buffing machine! AHHHH! Katie I loved this post.

Greene Family said...

Great post - I love the cell phone conversation idea! The nail people are the worst at our mall. I used to try to be nice, but now I speed walk by and act like I don't hear them or shout I'm in hurry as they try to give me the details as I speed by.

Melissa Swartley said...

LOL! Our mall has these too! The last time I went (my favorite store is inconveinently located right in front of these middle strips)this woman chased me into the store trying to sell me hair extentions! WhAt??? They drive me completely nuts too! I feel your pain!

Destini said...

Oh the timing!!!! I always skillfully avoid these people, but yesterday, the guy honed in on Taylor and was buffing her nail before I knew what was going on (Trace was screaming, scared from the freakin zombies in the front of the halloween store) - as if I was gonna pay $79, no wait, $49 for his stupid manicure set! Grrrr!

Melissa Johnson said...

Ummm...how about the ones that want to sell you a hair straightener? Hello? If my hair is straight, don't you think I already have one???!!!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
The cell phone guys in the middle of the mall annoy me ... as you're walking by they are yelling, "excuse, me, maam, who is your cell phone provdier...excuse me, maam ..." If I'm still walking get a clue and shut up!
Good Post!
Trisha

Deanna said...

Oh, they are very irritating! And they always get me again when I walking the other way!!!