Oct 30, 2008

{tHe NoT-sO-gReAt FrIeNd}

That would be ME!
I just realized that I never told ya'll about a visit I got from one of my best friends from back home a few weeks ago. It sure was memorable...

Jenn and I were sorority sisters together in Alpha Phi. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding and we have remained such great friends. She came to Dallas for work and decided to come a few days early to stay with me! She flew in Saturday and we decided to have a girls night, just the two of us. We got to the restaurant and had to wait just a little bit since we didn't have reservations and it was homecoming. I was getting really nauseous thinking that I was just really hungry and needed to eat something. We sit down and immediately I order a Dr. Pepper thinking I need to get my blood sugar up. All of a sudden, I make a bee line for the restroom. I was soo sick {I'll spare you the details}. Afterwards, I feel better. When I get back to the table our salads had arrived. I start to eat it, feeling much better. When all of a sudden I make another bee line towards the restroom. I was so sick and it's no fun to be that sick in a public restroom. I even had one of the staff ask me if I was OK. I'm not really the quietest person when I'm {sick}. We decide to head home and pack up ALL of our uneaten food. Let's just say I was {sick} two more times that night. The next day, I couldn't even get off of the couch and all I consumed was Gatorade. I felt soooo bad! My friend comes to visit me and we lie on my couch all day watching HGTV! Luckily the next day I felt much better and we got to actually leave the house!
Oh, and BTW...No I'm not pregnant..I just had food poisoning. BUT, it did remind me of morning sickness which brings me to my next point...I am SOOOO not ready to be pregnant again. THE END

9 sweet comments:

Amanda said...

You almost had me! I thought you were next aboard the preggo train!

lol...

Anonymous said...

When I first started reading it I thought that you were about to announce something;) Oh well, at least you got to visit with your friend.

Catie

The Sweat's said...

Katie....how tall is Cole? He looks REALLY long in the last photo?

Tiffany said...

Those photos are sooo adorable! Especially the last one! I'm sorry that you were sick.

Kim said...

Katie-I can't get pregnant right now (due to lack of a mate) but I hear you-there is nothing more I don't want right now than to be pregnant. The only part of pregnanacy I physically enjoyed was Preston's kicking-don't appreciate that three years later I still cannot get rid of my tummy because this almost ten ounder never made it into the fetal position.
In other news-sorry that you felt like doo for a whole day. Yuck. I am so glad you enjoyed your friend's visit. As usual Cole is the biggest ham, flirt and cutie!

Holly said...

I never knew how hard and yucky the 1st trimester of pregnancy can be. Ugh...who would want to do this multiple times??? I feel your pain.

It's so great that Jenn was able to sneak in a couple of free days with you! Maybe one year our girls trip will be in TX...ya know maybe at a Cowboys game...wink wink! heehee! :)

Lisa said...

Sorry about the food poisoning. I was the sickest I've ever been in my life when I had salmonella. I feel for you. Over the weekend, Liz got the stomach flu (throwing up all night long) and lovingly passed it on to all of us! At least you still had some time to bond!

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh yuck! Food poisoning is the worst! I got it once before after eating some bad chinese food, I've never looked at chinese food the same ever since! Glad you at least got to get out the next day with your friend!

Jenn said...

SILLY GIRL!!! It was a great weekend...I never get to just "kick it" with you like that anymore...although I did feel bad. But oh it was soooo much fun being with the 5 of you! All of you (even the four legged babies) made my weekend. And hows this...when you are preggers someday, I'll fly back out and I'll hold your hair back and watch HGTV again :) Love you tons!