Nov 13, 2008

{a NeW ViEw}

Since Cole turned 15 months, we decided it was time for him to get an upgrade in the car. He is now a forward facing passenger!! The law says that 1 year of age AND 20 lbs is when you can turn your baby around {which he was}, but we decided since he is so top heavy {that large brain of his} that we would keep him rear facing for a few more months. So Saturday was the day!! We turned him around and he loves it and so do we. I LOVE being able to turn around and see my smiling boy! Now that Cole is such a big boy and facing forward, we gave him one more responsibility...

Look at that...hands at 10 and 3. What a safe driver he is.

Let's get this puppy started...
On a side note, our little guy isn't doing too hot. He's been running a really high fever for the last 3 days off and on. He woke up last night with it in the 104.0 range. The doctors think it's viral and they checked his white blood count levels. Hopefully this thing will run it's course and be done. Poor guy is just feeling awful!

14 sweet comments:

Emily said...

Such a big boy riding face-forward! He is just adorable. I'm sorry Cole isn't feeling well - the only thing that comes to mind is roseola, where both my kids had a super-high fever for 5 days and then broke out in a rash. I hope he feels better soon!

The Leonard Four said...

hooray for the forward facing...both my girls were over a year and a half before they hit 20lbs. and they were SO thrilled for the new view! congratualations cole!!! :)

but...i'm so sorry that he feeling yucky! hope he's back to normal soon!

Heidi said...

Get well soon Cole! We're sorry you're not feeling well.

Becky said...

What a big boy! I hope he is feeling better soon! It's no fun to have a sick little one!

Kim said...

OMG Katie he is so precious! He looks so big in his carseat! I just want to eat him up! Sorry he feels like crud. High fevers stink-hopefully it is just viral, but I know that feeling where you just wish you could be sick, not them. Hugs to "big" little Cole!

Mattilyn Paige said...

Congrats on hitting the milestone of forward facing! It's so nice to be able to see them! Matti just loves to look out the window :) Cole is seriously getting cuter and cuter every month!!

Jennifer said...

Too cute pictures of Cole and the car! Peddle extenders? Who needs peddle extenders? I can drive just fine without them!

Amanda said...

I wonder if turning Carsen around will change his attitude in the car. :-) Only 7 more months to go. Yikes! Congratulation Cole!

the rodriguez crew said...

oh i can't wait to turn jagger around, that just made me so excited! and how funny that I just took a picture of jagger "driving" TODAY! ha!

i sure hope cole kicks the bug quick ... poor thing. order him up lots of TLC! :)

Alex said...

First of all, I am so sorry to hear that Cole is sick. I hope he feels better very soon.
He must be so excited to be able to see you guys while seating in his car seat.

Leann said...

Feel better soon, Cole!

Mike said...

I'm a total loser for being the only one who caught this, but with a fever of 104 it sounds like he is doing too hot! Eesh... Anyway, loved the pic of Cole "driving" - that was too cute!

Greene Family said...

Such a big boy facing forward now! How cute with his new responsibilty! I'm sorry he's not feeling well . . . we hope that he feels better soon!

Melissa Johnson said...

I love the car pics! Hope Cole feels better soon!!