Nov 20, 2008

{WhAtS nEw}

They finally came! Here is the story on these shoes. I ordered them about a month ago. I was so excited when I found them on Nordstrom's website. They made them in a small size that would fit Cole. When I opened the box, they were crib shoes :( Like the soft ones for an infant. Off to the store I go to return them. Bummer! I decided to give the next size up with the hard soles a chance. I re-ordered them through the store {since shipping is free when you do that...fyi} and I got a new box. With anticipation I opened them. Noticing this very large shoe box, I found very large shoes inside. Man! The wrong size. They sent me like a man's shoe. I called customer service and she went on a hunt to find Cole's shoes. She found like the very last pair and had them shipped out to me and they arrived TODAY! Aren't they so cute!? Too bad they don't fit yet, but I know they will one day soon...

We just started brushing Cole's teeth! At first it was a struggle, but now he sits there and lets us brush away. I think he likes the taste of his Thomas the Train toothpaste.
Cole loves to "read" picture books! He will sit there and flip through them observing everything. Once in a while the book becomes a snack and I have to remind him that we don't eat our books, we read them.

Cole loves for daddy to push him around on his car. He totally cracks up and has the best time.


We decided to have Cole evaluated for therapy {occupational, physical and speech}. Our pediatrician doesn't want Cole to get behind and we agreed. At 15 1/2 months old, he isn't saying many words yet. They came out to do their evaluation and it was the funniest thing to watch. Cole was such a ham the second they walked through the door. He was a total flirt, smiling and laughing and crawling all over them. He was in love with one of the nice ladies. It was amazing to watch him. They handed him a hair brush and I expected him to put it in his mouth. He showed me...He started brushing his hair!! He could stack blocks and put tiny beads into a tiny jar. I was beyond impressed with what he was doing. I also have to admit I was so teary eyed watching him. I was such a proud mama. Some of the things he was doing, I had no idea he could do. I know that I will be one of those overly sappy moms, that cries at everything their child does. They score him by observation and by asking me tons of questions. Then they determine what age he is performing at. I'm happy to say that he scored at 18 months for social interaction{he totally gets that from his mama}. The other items were around 11 or 12 months. The speech was at 10, so that confirmed that he does need help in that department. So, we will add a few more "doctors" to our list :)

10 sweet comments:

Leann said...

awww Cole - Mr. Congeniality =)

Glad to hear that he's doing great. Love the new pics.

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
Yeah for Cole! Caden likes to eat his toothbrush rather than brush his teeth. I think I have that same picture of Dan pushing Caden on the same car - too cute! and as far as the therapist ... Caden ham's it up when our PT and ST come over ... it must be in there blood :0)
Trisha

Melissa Swartley said...

Glad to hear Cole is doing so good! It is so cool watching our little ones performing tasks we had no clue they could do! I love the pictures!

Holly said...

Cole is such a cutie holding that toothbrush!! And I love those lil shoes!!!

Kim said...

Ok lots of info in this post Katie.
1) I love the shoes. Are they wide width? I always want to buy something other than stride rite but I worry about the width.
2) I love his teeth brushing. Preston loves brushing his teeth and we also have the Thomas toothpaste.
3) Love Cole flipping through books. eriously I think he and Preston are long lost brothers. One because Preston loves books-loves them and two because I love the puffy vest and had one like that but red.
4) Preston loves that car! He still uses it. Cole looks so happy with Brooks.

Hope that the speech therapy works out although I really think Cole is going to be a motormouth like his buddy by age 3.

Melisa said...

Speech therapy totally helps. Aidan is currently in it and goes once a week. Aidan's first toothpaste was Thomas the Tank too!

The Ripleys said...

Katie - Cole is too cute! Glad to hear the visit went well :) YEAH COLE!

Greene Family said...

Cole is always so adorable - love the pics!! He's such a big boy brushing his teeth and reading his books. The pics of him on his car are so cute - Simon loves it when his daddy pushes him around the house on his fire truck and just cracks up too. I'm glad that Cole's therapy evaluation went so well - he's doing great. I'm always amazed when Simon does things for the therapists that I didn't know he could do too, and then I think to myself that he's growing up too fast. I've been told that "late" talkers are always the really chatty ones, so I think our boys will always have a lot to say once their speech really takes off. :) Looking forward to seeing pics of Cole in his cute new shoes!

Valerie said...

Cutest shoes ever! I love them! He looks like such a pimp in them I am sure! Thats awesome that he is progressing so well! Keep up the awesome work!

Emily said...

What an adorable update! Speech therapy is awesome...I am grateful everyday that Seamus gets to be involved in a great speech program! Oh, and I am totally one of those sappy moms that basically cries every time my kid does something to be proud of...so you're not the only one who's tearful!