Dec 1, 2008

{oUr TuRkEy WeEkEnD}

We are back from our trip to Oregon! I've had so much to catch up on. All of you out there in blogland have been busy!! I just have to reflect on last Thanksgiving first. Cole was only 3 1/2 months old...man, time flies.

2007

2008
We had such a great time visiting Nana and Grandpa Johnson. Cole got to visit with his Great Aunt Sharron, Great Aunt Pat and Great Uncle Don. Boy, does he love all of them. They are so much fun! Aunt Sharron showed Cole how to play on the piano. Aunt Pat helped Cole destroy the newspaper in 30 seconds flat...you should have seen how much fun he had doing that, but I'm not sure who had more fun..Cole or Aunt Pat ;)...and Uncle Don was Cole's personal walking buddy. He would grab is fingers and take off. Uncle Don was sweating by the time Cole was done with him. Speaking of walking...this kid is on the move! He was taking so many steps this trip. He barely needs to hold on to your hand and it's more for the confidence he needs. He was walking alone clear across the room! He is so proud of himself. I have the cutest video to share, but blogger isn't letting me upload it, so I'll keep on trying. Here are some pictures of the little guy in action. Oh, I almost forgot to mention how Cole can now stand up in the middle of a room. He doesn't need the walls to use for support. It's amazing how his little body works and how strong he is. Nana and Grandpa took us up to Multnomah Falls one day. It was beautiful up there! The last time I saw it was when it was all iced over. Brooks and I hiked to the bridge half way up while the rest hung out and stayed warm down below.
Living in Oregon, you are either a Ducks fan or a Beaver fan. Brooks' family are Ducks fans and the big rivalry game they call {The Civil War} was this past weekend between University of Oregon and Oregon State. Aunt Sharron went out and bought us all Ducks gear and I have to say that Cole looked super cute in his outfit. Too bad it was 24 months, so the only thing that fit was the onesie. The pants were the entire length of his body...lol...maybe one day. Green and yellow sure looked good on this kid, maybe it's a sign. I did have a little talk with Cole and told him that he can never leave mommy, so he had to pick a college close to me :) A little half time snack...Brooks' parents hosted a little open house for us one afternoon so that people Brooks grew up with stopped by to meet Cole! There were lots of people that have known Brooks his whole life and it was so sweet to see how much they still cared about him. Cole was in full charm mode and was quite the character while the guests were at the house. He was totally hamming it up for the ladies. He even got to meet his second cousin, Millie for the first time. She is only 3 weeks older than Cole, so it was fun to see the play together.I guess this makes them kissing cousins?! OK, bad joke...




We had a great trip, but it's always nice to be back in your own bed. It's only a month before Cole gets to see his Nana and Grandpa at Christmas in California. We had so much fun and I seriously took over 600 pictures because....drum roll please...Brooks' parents bought us {I mean him} a new camera for Christmas..the Canon Rebel XS!! I've wanted this camera for months now. I'm so in love and I can't wait to learn how to really use it!! Get ready for lots more pictures to come..


21 sweet comments:

Emily said...

Wow, what a fun weekend! Gorgeous pictures by the falls. Cole looked like he had a blast with all of his extended family around. Congrats on your new camera...I've been lusting after that one as well! Can't wait to see how you like it!

Andrea said...

Woo Hoo for your new camera!! The pics at the water fall look great!

Destini said...

Love Cole's turkey pjs! He is really growing up! Way to go on the walking! I'm with ya, my kids are going to college close by, or I'm going with them!

The Lance Family said...

Great pics! Let me know how you like the camera...I am shopping for one and have been drooling over the Canon!!

Mary Beth

Greene Family said...

What a great holiday weekend! Way to go Cole on the walking and standing in the middle of the room!! Great pictures, especially the beautiful pictures in front of the waterfall! Nice camera too!

Danielle said...

It looks so beautiful out there! I would love to go out to the west coast someday. Cole is so cute, I love his turkey outfit!
And I want that camera! You have to let me know what you think of it. I have a Canon from 2 years ago that was just below the level of the rebel....now I want the rebel!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
I love the picture of Cole with the paper in his hand and he is looking up ... so cute! I'm glad you guys had a great time on your visit! and way to go Cole, walking all around. Congrats on the camera - so cool! I'm trying to talk Dan into buying me that one!
... also, don't worry about the snowflakes I found someone on Etsy who had them.
Trisha

Melisa said...

Some wonderful family pictures. What a great time you had in Oregon. You go Cole! With the new camera I am sure to see many many blogs and pics to come.

Holly said...

Cole looks so happy in all of the pictures!! He's so cute!!! You can tell Brooks that we were also watching the BIG Oregon game and rooting for the Ducks :)

Oh! and you will LOVE LOVE LOVE your camera! I am still figuring mine out!

Heidi said...

Aw, I love the first pic of you and Cole from when he was a baby. They grow up too fast!

Mattilyn Paige said...

As always, super cute pictures of Cole! I'm so excited that he is almost walking...what a big accomplishment! I love the pictures of you guys by the falls!

Becky said...

look at him stand all by himself and take steps!!! YIPPEE!! So fun! He is just adorable in these pictures - but isn't he always?? :) So glad your trip went so great! AND I'm SO jealous of your new camera!! I've been begging for a digital SLR camera for Christmas and mentioned that exact one several times!!! I can't wait to see all the pics that are coming our way! :)

Katie said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family! Looks like you all had a great time. My brother lives in Eugene and he & his family are BIG Ducks fans. Clint was glued to the TV here watching the game as well. Maybe we can all meet up sometime around the OR area as we're up in WA.
Happy Holidays!
-Katie, Cole & family.
:)

the rodriguez crew said...

oh my gosh, what a GREAT trip! And please look at that smile on Cole's sweet face in the newspaper picture - COULD HE BE ANY MORE CHARMING?? And those family shots of yall by the waterfalls are incredible. Welcome home, you were missed!! :)

Heidi said...

Hey, you missed this post while you were gone....

http://hernandezfamilyescapades.blogspot.com/2008/11/im-faaaaaa-aaaabulous.html

Melissa Swartley said...

Wow! Sounds like you all had a great time! I love Cole's turkey outfit, he is so cute in it! Way to go on all that walking Cole and standing up in the middle of the room... BRAVO!!! Great camera Katie! You are a lucky girl! I still have my Nikon N80, I think I need to update soon!

Ever Changing said...

don't worry about being late on the post! Ijust posted for the first time in over a month! We have been busy with travel as well and know all to well how things can get backed up!

We really enjoy reading your blog and looking at pics of Cole and the family! Better move everything out of reach before he is really charging over the house..Lilah is a pull down champ! lol

Melissa Johnson said...

Those pictures are beautiful! Looks like you had a great trip!

Kim said...

Oh this was such a treat! Gosh has Cole grown up in one year or what? What a handsome little devil he is! I am so proud of him and his walking. He is so handsome! I loved the pictures from Thanksgiving. Your hair looks fabulous by the way!
Congrats on the new camera. We all benefit from that gift because we get to see more pictures of Cole! YAY! Great new layout on the blog too!

Courtney- Atl, GA said...

Love the blog! I came across it somehow one day and now I check it all the time. Cole is such a cute child. Love all the pictures. He just looks so happy and loved, which I'm sure he is. Yay for you all for being such great parents.

mejane said...

Sorry, I'm a little behind in reading blogs. When are you coming to CA? From what I can remember you are originally from LA/OC area? Any chance you'll make a visit to San Diego?
Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family!