Jan 28, 2009

Ice, Ice Baby...

That's right ...we are iced in today! So all of you people from snow states might look at my pictures and think "that's nothing," but all of Dallas is like completely shut down because of this! I can't even watch the Today Show...oh the nerve. The schools are closed, the freeways are crazy BUT the gym is still open! Haha! Neither rain, nor snow, nor ICE will keep Brooks from opening the gym. He is just like the post office, you can always count on him to be there. Which is a bummer for Cole and me, but it is what it is. Cole and I are going to be spending a warm and quiet day inside today. I just wanted to share some photos I took this morning when I woke up... I'm crossing my fingers that it will melt quickly because I really need to do some grocery shopping!

19 sweet comments:

Catie said...

When we lived in NC we used to laugh when it would "snow" because like you said everything would shut down. Now that we are back up north we WISH things would shut down like that.

B.E.A.L. said...

Hi Katie...I am Jodi's friend Erin and I am so impressed you went outside to take pictures...you go girl! I am hoping to get out today too...I also need to grocery shop!

Cole is a cutie and I love your blog! Thanks for letting me follow along :)

Emily said...

Wow, it is so weird for me to see those pics, because when I think of Texas, all I think is HEAT! But I have never been, so I have a lot to learn!

The Leonard Four said...

we just came inside from about a 20 minute photo-taking session! :) neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor sleet will keep bill from going to work either - he's leaving in about an hour! great pics, my friend!

the rodriguez crew said...

oh gosh, make that THREE of our husbands that won't stay home from work for anything! drives me nuts! :)

it's pretty chilly here in h-town, but no ice thank goodness. stay toasty!

Holly said...

Oh wow!! Atleast you guys are getting some type of "winter-ish" weather in January. We flop from freezing to beach weather day by day.

How does Brooks get to work? I would be freaked out to drive!!

Stay warm :)

Danielle said...

I know ice isn't any fun, but I'm jealous you get some cold weather mixed in with the hot where you are!

Sarah said...

Us cold staters do see it but it is crazy to see it in places like TX. I love your first picture especially. You are so creative and great at the photo taking!! It is funny too how everything shuts down for things like this and light snow days. Just different places different rules :)

Alex said...

OUCH, that looks pretty cold!!! Hard to imagine such cold weather, it's chilly but sunny and blue sky here.

Mike said...

I dunno if you heard, but the Obama kids had to deal with their first "snow day" today! The Prez was quoted as saying that in Chicago, not only were the schools still open with that much snow, but the kids still went outside for recess!

I remember the one year it actually snowed in Bakersfield, CA - we got two inches overnight and the town fell apart! Most businesses were closed, schools were closed, people on the street would wait for 20 seconds at a red light then assume that the light was broken and treat it like a stop sign... but no, I had to work for two guys from Denver who thought this was the spring thaw and I had to go to work! LOL

The Book of Renee and Ryan said...

We got crazy ice today too! American University didn't open til 11am today because all of the snow from yesterday froze over and made it difficult to drive!

Jennifer said...

We're used to snow and ice here in Michigan but.... in Texas??!! I can't imagine. What a shock to everyone's systems. We've got about 12 inches of snow on the ground here and temperatures consistently in the teens. Brrr.

Supermom-In-Training said...

My husband is the same way. No weather is bad enough to shut down the fire department! JD and I had a productive day making curtains!

Melisa said...

You are having some crazy weather out there woman!

Bobbi said...

Wow....that is crazy! Ice in Dallas. My husband is in San Antonio all wk and he can't believe how cold it's been there. Hope you all thaw out soon!! :)

Bobbi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobbi said...

For some reason, my comment posted twice so I removed one...that's why it says something about the post being removed by the author. Sorry.... ugh... I'm still trying to figure this stuff out! :)

Greene Family said...

Wow - I'm surprised you guys had so much ice! I'm glad that you and Cole had a nice and warm day inside . . . Simon and I did the same yesterday! I tried to get my hubby to stay home yesterday too, but he went to work with all of the ice anyway. It was so nice for Simon and I to get out of the house for a bit today though.

Kim said...

Katie-ice is worse than snow-no matter what there is no forgiveness with ice. We had a little bit of ice but you would think we lived in the Artic the way people are acting.