Jan 30, 2009

Mom of the Year!

Last night I needed to cook dinner and my little guy was extra whiny and needy so what does any good mom do? Of course! Stick him in front of the television watching all of his favorite cartoons. Who am I kidding...they are all his favorite! He loves anything that sings, laughs and dances. We are BIG fans of The Backyardigans (even mommy & daddy are).

Cole has had this crazy runny nose for the past week and now he has a slight fever and cough. I think it's due to teething and all of this Texas weather we've been having. He's working on getting his 3rd molar out right now and that can't be comfortable. My neighbor, Tamra, gave Cole the best encouragement about teething the other week. "I hate to break it to you Cole, but as soon as you get all of these teeth in, they are just going to fall out and you have to do it all over again!" LOL I thought it was hilarious...so true! He just stared at her with this blank look.

Cole is sitting in his Baby Style Octopus chair that Santa Clause brought him when he was just 4 months old. He doesn't look that comfortable in it, but he will sit there for a little while. He told me that he really wants the Pottery Barn Kids over sized red chair with his name in White for Valentines day...so we will see :) Hint Hint...daddy!



19 sweet comments:

the rodriguez crew said...

Oh God do I ever know that feeling of trying to frantically get dinner on that tray in record time!! how does it sneak up on me every night?! I only WISH cartoons would do the trick (not yet), instead he stands at my legs begging for any crumbs I'll toss his way!!

I (I mean HE) want the PB chair too!! Hmm, V-day is a good excuse for a gift??! good idea!

Sarah said...

I wrote a comment, but I don't think it went thru...if it did sorry...Cole looks adorable in his pics. Love the big cheese smile. Kaela got the pink chair from pottery barn for xmas and loves it. Have you seen the chairs in person? The reg. sized chair is still very big for Kaela but she can get in it on her own and even will who's a big 3 year old fits well in it and has room to grow. I was going to get the oversized one until I put her in the reg . sized ones...just curious how big the oversized ones are...

Destini said...

I love the thoughtful pose, and the picture of Cole's cute little feet! When Trace is whiny cartoons don't phase him - I have to have John look at tractor videos on YouTube with him so that I can get dinner!

Danielle said...

Very cute pictures! I think he definately needs the pottery barn chair! i'd love them for our girls, but we'd need 3, too much $$!

Ever Changing said...

Backyardigans all the way!! Lilah loves them as well, and if I could only play the intro and concluding song all day long, I could get ANYTHING done!!!

The Leonard Four said...

okay...i'm pretty sure that i could eat HIM for dinner!!!!! he is so completely adorable. and those toes...i wanna nibble them too! great pics, my friend! :) ooh, and i hope your little man feels better!

The Leonard Four said...

okay...i'm pretty sure that i could eat HIM for dinner!!!!! he is so completely adorable. and those toes...i wanna nibble them too! great pics, my friend! :) ooh, and i hope your little man feels better!

B.E.A.L. said...

How cute is he in his chair! Hope the little man feels better...those mean old teefers....

Melissa Swartley said...

Awww! Poor Cole! Teething is tough business! Haha to true my Zoe is in the process of loosing all of her baby teeth and getting her adult teeth. She gave me the look when she found out about there being a fairy that collects teeth! Hahaha! I love his RUN DMC shirt too!!!

Melisa said...

Teething is a sore subject...poor lil guy. Cute lil feet. Don't you just love Pottery Barn....I think I foresee another blog soon with his new chair in it.

Holly said...

I love the "cheese" picture... that smile is too cute!!!! I hope he feels better soon!!

Becky said...

we got Jorja that Pottery Barn chair for Christmas and it was the BEST gift we could have EVER gotten her. She loves it and uses it ALL the time. It is a serious MUST!!!

Emily said...

Cartoons are the best!! Cole looks adorable. Both of my kids have the PB chairs, if you get it you will absolutely love it! My hubby and I steal them from the kids all the time because they are so comfy!

Team Carroll said...

SUCH cute pics!! Especially the one of his sweet little feet!! T.V. is the best invention ever, isn't it?! Hope we can see you guys soon!!

Alex said...

Don't worry...when I cook dinner, TV becomes my best friend! LOL

Greene Family said...

I hope Cole feels better soon! He is so adorable sitting in his chair and watching cartoons! I love the big smile picture and the one of his cute little feet!

Tiffany said...

Too cute! Sawyer got a PB chair when he was born (as a gift) and we looove it! I can't get over how adorable he is...it's so great that those chairs fit them so well.

Mandy said...

I have been there. Trying to get it all done. I love his new chair. So cute!

Kim said...

My favorite picture is the first one in the strip. I just love his expression. Cole is so super cute. I seriously want to meet you guys one day!
As for the chair-Preston has an armchair-the one in the animal cards video and I had it made to match the nursery bedding. He lives on it. In fact I am thinking of getting the PB chair for him in the summer because he is starting to outgrow the old one. You will get years out of the chair!