Jan 13, 2009

My little Gym Rat

This kid is just growing up in front of my eyes. Where is my baby? I see a little boy now. I love every stage of his life even better than the last, but this boy is {VERY} strong willed. I mean it is his way or the highway. I'm sure all of you parents out there can relate. He is also very much a mama's boy right now. He goes through stages and at the moment it's all about me. I'm flattered, but seriously there are some reasons that I hope this changes soon. Here is my reason: Brooks took Cole to work with him on Sunday since I was hosting a baby shower at the house. Brooks is the General Manager of a health club, so Cole went to the kids club for a few hours...yes, you read that word right Jodi...hours! Great for dad. He got some work done, got to play with Cole here and there and then came home. I go to the gym this morning (same gym that Brooks works for, but different location) and he has a melt down-screaming-crying-tantrum right in front of my eyes! I finally had to just leave him and tell them to page me if he didn't stop crying. About 10 minutes into our workout I sent Jodi to get my water since I left it in my purse and I couldn't risk Cole seeing me. What was he doing you ask? Playing quietly with the train table!! That little stinker knows how to work me..I was feeling all sorry for him. At the end of my hour he was at the door screaming, so I knew that was my Que to go. Wish me luck that tomorrow I have an easy drop off and he lasts longer than an hour. Doesn't he understand my New Year's Resolution?? Oh, and these pictures have nothing to do with tantrums or crying or the gym...just thought they were cute :)



14 sweet comments:

The Leonard Four said...

he is so stinkin' cute! LOVE that last pic! :)

so glad that we went this morning...and cole will get used to it! maybe carly will be a distraction tomorrow! :) see you in the morning...

the rodriguez crew said...

seriously can yall stop it with the workout talk!? first off, my resolution hasn't quite gotten off the ground (more like my booty!) yet. and secondly, how FUN that yall get to work out together!! and cole and carly get to play! katie, we're going through the same stage right now. it just all the sudden hit, and the kid freaks out when I lay him down for a NAP even b/c he doesn't want to leave me! It's so sweet, but totally exhausting! we'll be pining for these days one day!

cute is not even the word for those pictures!!!

Holly said...

I can't help but laugh because Cole is the cutest little stinker!!! He for sure knows how to work his mama...haha!!!

Don't worry - my lil stinker is quickly on his way :)

Kim said...

He is so ridiculously adorable. I know I say it over and over, but really. I love seeing what outfit you put him in all the time. Love him! As far as the screaming-Preston did that for about a week at daycare. When he first went it broke my heart, at 2 1/2 I found it a little irratating, because I knew he calmed down right after I left. The new daycare has cameras so I saw him calm down! I hear you on the my way or the highway attitude. I have one of those ;-)

Emily said...

Super cute pictures! Love your little Superman!

Danielle said...

My middle child is like that...and is only just starting to outgrow the only Mommy stuff. Cole is so cute! I love the superman shirt, and the last picture of him laughing is just adorable! I have to ask though, were you in auto or manual?? (I'm still working on it here!)

Heidi said...

aw, love the new blog and the pics! I know that Noah will start the "i love my mama" phase one day, but right now, he could care less when I drop him off at the nursery! haha, he's just happy to go play with the kids, little stinker!

Ever Changing said...

Lilah does the exact same thing! doesn't matter where we go, my sisters, the gym, etc., I just have to walk away because I know she will be just fine! As long as she has her blanky, she is good!!!

Greene Family said...

Cole is cute as ever - absolutely love the last photo!! Yes - I can relate to having a strong willed little boy that likes to be attached to my hip lately!

Sarah said...

sadly they know how to work us at such a young age!! And it breaks are hearts watching while they are smiling inside :) Hope it goes better today. I love the pictures. He really is looking more and more like a little boy and not a baby!! He's so cute with a GREAT smile!! I love the shirt (gap??)..

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
These boys are smarter then we know and they KNOW how to manipulate us. Hopefully he learns to adjust to his time away from you.
Adorable pictures of Cole!
Trisha

Mattilyn Paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mattilyn Paige said...

I totally hear ya, it's so sweet that they love you so much but so exhausting at the same time! And BTW- Mattilyn has that popper toy in pink and LOVES it!! She goes around "popping" all day long!

Melisa said...

He is super cute! He is at the stage where he is totally testing you.