Feb 3, 2009

Closer to two..

Well sweet boy...you are closer to two than you are one. Happy 18 months old! I know I'm a few days late, but this is worth celebrating. You have brought so much joy to our lives and I couldn't imagine life without you. You have definitely given us a run for our money kiddo. There is never a dull moment around here when you are awake.



You have the sweetest giggles and the best kisses. It seriously melts my heart with every kiss you give...I mostly have to steal them from you, but when you are offering them up I don't hesitate to take advantage. One of your new favorite things is family bath time. You just {love} when mommy &/0r daddy hops in the jetted tub with you to play. What a little smarty you are too! You can point to most of your little body parts, tell me what cow says, find anything we ask for and you have a few fun words you love to use....mama, dada, dog, ball, duck. High fives bring a smile to your face and "blow it ups" (aka knuckles) bring a big boom out of your sweet mouth. You love riding in your car around the neighborhood. Honking and steering and bouncing are your favorite things to do as I push. I must admit that you are mesmerized by your five favorite friends...Tasha, Tyrone, Uniqua, Pablo and Austin. They capture your attention for the full 20 minutes they are on and I've even caught you giggling a few times at the funny parts. I love watching you grow and change and discover new things. Your teeth are just out of control right now! You have 4 molars now and other teeth on the way. They are giving you such trouble little man, but you always try to have a smile on your face. I can't wait to see what the next 18 months bring...

17 sweet comments:

The Leonard Four said...

precious, precious boy. for some reason this post made me teary...

the nelson family said...

he is so so sweet! love those big brown eyes!

Alex said...

He is such a special little guy, you are very lucky to have him! :)

Tiffany said...

I don't think I can say it enough.....Cole is absolutely precious!!! Such a sweet smile :-)

Melissa Swartley said...

Awww! Happy 18 months Cole! You are so cute!!!

Kim said...

Seriously I cannot take Cole. His cuteness is so beyond. In every picture I just want to eat him up! The next 18 months will bring you
1) a larger vocabulary to give orders and whine, but also tell you he loves you
2) Potty training and the thrill when your child takes a poop
3) Probably another good growth spurt!
Happy 18 months Cole!

Mattilyn Paige said...

I love this age, they are so much fun right now! We really a play date soon because I bet they would have a blast together!

Melisa said...

I totally agree with Kim on what the next 18 mos. will bring. What a precious blog post. Cole is a little cutie!

the rodriguez crew said...

Ok I am finally just getting back to this to read the rest after getting interuppted! I just love these little letters, they are always my favorites! That sweet boy can't get any cuter, that's for dang sure. And bless his heart with those teeth - we're right behind you on that one!

Yay for 18 months!!

Hall Family said...

Katie, He is just too cute! I love the photos! When Parker's molars came in, he started looking so much more like a little boy than a baby. The times sure flys, doesn't it?

Debbie said...

What an adorable child! Happy birthday.

Greene Family said...

So sweet! Happy 18 Months Cole!! He is such a cutie! I can imagine how entertaining he is all day long too!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
Cole is so photogenic :0) Our babies are growing up too quickly! I love Kim's advice above! Caden digs the Backyardigan's too, but lately Thomas is actually beating out the Backyarigan's when given a choice!
Trisha

the rodriguez crew said...

although I could look at this face all day long ... now that I am caught up, I would like a new post please. :) hehe.

Tiffany said...

Too sweet! And I love his little tee at the end...it makes all of your words complete!

Lindse94 said...

From the mom of Cole Johnston, born 6/20/07 (due 7/31/07) to you guys congrats on having a big boy! I am loving this stage, but it is exhausting. Your Cole is certainly adorable:)

Bobbi said...

What a sweet post! Cole is such a handsome little guy! Happy 18 months!!!! :)