Feb 11, 2009

a looong day at the hospital

Cole says MRI's are no fun!! Mostly because you can't eat or drink anything for hours before...they get postponed and you don't know why....and you wake up feeling all yucky from the anesthesia. My guy is a trooper! No word yet on the results, but we are crossing our fingers and toes that everything looks just fine.

Don't let that smile fool you...he was a little "drunk" in this picture from the medicine they gave him right before they took him away. The doctors like to give him happy meds so that he will go with them easier....he was hilarious! He was rubbing my face and kissing me and falling over sideways...and his eyes were half open. If I didn't know better....

Since they ended up pushing his MRI back almost 2 1/2 hours they gave Cole a wagon to ride around the hospital in. It certainly wasn't the highlight of his day, but he sat in it while we rode around. There isn't much to see and after 20 minutes we were right back in our room. A sweet volunteer gave Cole a blue teddy bear, but Cole politely handed it back over. After all, he did have Skipit with him.

While sitting in the room I noticed a little boy with Achondroplasia walk by..then a little girl and then their mom! It's not something you see everyday. Cole got right up and walked into their room to say hi! It was definitely an ice breaker. We got to talk to the family who drove in from Missouri to go to our hospital and we have the same Neuro and Ortho doctors! Cole with his cute smile dragged this toy over into our room. Everyone was totally enamored with this kid! He was flirting with the nurses and making everyone laugh!

Cole had a harder time than normal waking up from the anesthesia. It was pretty scary for mommy and daddy watching helplessly while the nurses and doctor worked on getting his oxygen levels back up. I hope to never have to go through that again. Cole was one very UNhappy camper that day! When we got home he took a 3 hour nap and then woke up his cute...happy...giggly self! Thank goodness it's over!

I'll let you all know when we know something...

12 sweet comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad everything went fairly well...I'm sure it is scary watching him have a hard time waking up after the MRI. I hope the results are good and no worries!! Crossing our fingers and sending hugs and kisses!

The Weisser family said...

Wow that must have been so scary to not be able to do anything while they try wake him. I hope you never have to go through that again either! I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers while you wait for results! Hopefully everything is just fine. Keep us all posted!

Kim said...

I know I keep saying it but really he is so cute. I love him in his hospital gown. How cool that you got to meet a whole new family! I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything is A-OK!

Destini said...

Versed is wonderful, huh? Love the pictures!! Hope that his MRI results are good.

Amanda said...

Well, even if it didn't go so well, I'm glad it's over too.
I will be praying for good results too!

and I can only imagine a 'drunk' Cole. That's hilarious!

B.E.A.L. said...

It sounds like Cole was a trooper...Your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Emily said...

Glad to hear it is all over! Cole did a great job! How nice that you got to meet other LP families. Must have been a long, stressful day...hope the results are A-OK!

Holly said...

It breaks my heart to hear you & Cole had to go through such an ordeal...but he does looks super cute in his lil hospital gown! Poor baby!

Greene Family said...

I love his "drunk" picture - so adorable! I'm glad that everything went fairly well. I can imagine how scary it was waiting for his oxygen levels to rise though. Cole is such a trooper! We'll keep our fingers and toes crossed too that you get good results!
That is great that you got to a meet an LP family from Missouri!

How Life Is Measured said...

My breath caught in my throat thinking about how scary it must have been! Uuuggg!
Cole does that hospital gown justice! He is just the happiest boy. You are very lucky!

The Leonard Four said...

SO sorry that y'all had a rough day! my fingers and toes are crossed too - keep me updated! xo

candicebishop said...

Katie, I have been reading various posts on your blog, catching up a bit. I'm amazed at how strong you guys are. God picked 2 wonderful parents to be Cole's mom and dad. Kinsley had to have a scan at 4 weeks old. That was super scary for us. Thankfully it was a single event. I know you've been through a lot. Cole is a precious precious little guy. What a gift from the Lord.