Mar 1, 2009

Happy Birthday To...

ME!

I'm the big 27 today...

So, really I should be saying happy birth day to my mom. Since becoming a parent you learn how much hard work it takes raising a child...so thank you mom!
Brooks took me out last night to celebrate with the most yummiest meal ever here. We had a bottle of wine and some steak and seafood...my fav! Then, the waiter came over to say that he was waiting for the manager to "adjust" our bill. I was so confused because we loved the food and weren't complaining. He came over and said that someone named Jim had called ahead to take care of a portion of the bill. That would be my dad! How sweet is that? My parents live in California, but the other day I told my dad where we had made reservations at and he did the most thoughtful thing. I was very touched...thank you so much mom and dad! Then we headed over to meet a few friends {aka neighbors} for some drinks here which was closer to home. I had so much fun drinking yummy apple martinis {umm..way too many of those} and a little birthday dessert and laughing a ton! Thanks for a great birthday!

29 sweet comments:

The Lance Family said...

Happy Birthday Katie!! I had so much fun hanging out with you yesterday!!

Mary Beth

the rodriguez crew said...

me too me too! it was a blast! i'm so glad you had a fun night out with too many martinis ... that's what birthdays are for! :)

tiffany said...

happy birthday to you!
happy birthday to you!
happy birthday, dear katie!
happy birthday toooo yooouuu!!

sounds like you had a fabulous dinner! hope you have a wonderful day :-)

it was so great finally meeting you yesterday! i had a BLAST!!

Bobbi said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful night celebrating! Hope you aren't paying dearly for it today...HA.

sharon said...

Happy birthday. just 27 you make me feel very old! Sound sliek you had a great time and what a wonderful mum and dad:)

Summer, Justin, Blake, and Sutton said...

Happy Happy Birthday! 27 is a good year! :)

Jaime said...

Katie, it sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday and I hope that today is just a incredible for you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!

Alex said...

it looked like such a fun evening! I am glad you had a good time, you deserve it!!!! Happy birthday!!!

Holly said...

I hope you had a fabulous birthday, my b-day TWIN!!! I wish we could've celebrated together!! {Someday...}

xoxo

The Leonard Four said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE NEW FRIEND!!!

sounds like you guys had a great night and what a totally fantastic surpirse from your dad! i really wish that i could have been there to help you celebrate! maybe next year, we can plan it where your bday dinner and bill's bday dinner aren't on the same night! :)

glad that you had fun and i hope that you've had a nice relaxing day today! can't wait to hear all the details!

happy birthday, katie!!!!! :) xo.

Kim said...

What a nice surprise from your parents! I was looking at your blog and my mom walked in-she is like Oh Katie is such a cute and pretty girl! Hope you had a great day!

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Katie! I'm glad you guys had such a nice dinner! Such great pics you got too! You are such a youngin...I'm jealous :)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Katie!! 27! You're so young!! Your parents are so sweet! How thoughtful of them to call and do that. I'm sure that's so nice especially having them so far away. I hope you had a great day!! Did you get anything exciting??

the nelson family said...

happy birthday! don't you just love dad's? they are the BEST! i was daddy's little girl...love it! hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend!

Team Carroll said...

Happy birthday sweet friend!! It sounds like you guys had a GREAT night!! LOVE the pics :) I hope you had a great day today!! It was SO much fun seeing you yesterday! Thanks for coming!! Can't wait to see you again!! Happy Birthday!!

B.E.A.L. said...

Happy Birthday Katie...it sounds like you had an awesome birthday! Love the pictures...and how super sweet is your dad?!

Destini said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great birthday dinner! You dad is extra thoughtful!

Melisa said...

Happy Birthday again! So thoughtful of your dad to pitch in on the bill. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday!

Jennjilla said...

Hope you had a great birthday! 27 is a good year!

Mattilyn Paige said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Hope you had a great birthday! You look beautiful...27 fits you well ;)

Leong Family's said...

Happy Birthday Katie!! You look so sweet and beautiful.

Catie said...

Happy Birthday Katie! It sounds like you had a great time. How sweet of your Dad to do that for you.

Greene Family said...

Happy Birthday Katie! It sounds like you had a great time celebrating! What a nice surprise from your dad too! Have a wonderful year!

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday Katie!!!

How Life Is Measured said...

Shoot! I don't know if my comment posted or not.
At the risk of duplicating...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I hope you had an awesome one! I wish I could have had a drink with you.
Cat

Anonymous said...

happy birthday

Melissa Swartley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Jodi said...

Happy belated birthday girl! I hope it was great!