Mar 2, 2009

when blog friends become real friends

I'm thinking that blogger is more like match.com but for friends because I have made some great "friends" on this wonderful little blog! I put quotes around friends because I feel like some of you are actual friends even though we have never met. Then you get the opportunity to meet face to face and put a voice to a name. A few months back I started commenting back and forth with two moms named Jodi and Paige. Jodi and I realized that we lived in cities right next door and worked out at the same gym. Well now Jodi and I meet almost everyday to work out together {or just talk incessantly} and are real life friends. Her college roommate was Paige and I have been "talking" with her forever now it feels like online and I finally got the opportunity to meet her in person this past weekend. Let me just say these are two of the sweetest most genuine people you will meet and we were instant friends! I just love when that happens! Paige has the cutest little guy named Jagger (15 months)...isn't he precious with those big blue eyes and curly hair?!

We had the best time hanging out and then the fun continued the next day for my other blogger friend turned real friend Cara's baby shower! I just love this silly thing called the Internet! It's also fun being recognized in public from my blog which by the way has happened twice now! How fun is that!? So now Paige we must plan your next trip back up to the Big D!!

8 sweet comments:

Jennjilla said...

Aww, that is so cool! Someday we will have to meet and be "real" friends, too!

The Leonard Four said...

LOVE IT!!!

seriously...so glad that we're now real friends and i'm so glad that you finally got to meet paige and jags! such a great weekend - one that i'll always remember! :)

the rodriguez crew said...

omgggggggggg was that not the best weekend ever!? SO MUCH FUN! and thank god we squeezed our friday playdate in so that cole and jags could meet too. Cole could not BE more precious, and at least I was successful at blowin' it up and got a good laugh out of him! instant friends for sure, and lots more fun playdates/girlsdates to come!

B.E.A.L. said...

so glad you guys had a great time! and yes i agree that blogland is the greatest thing ever!

Destini said...

Cole and Jagger look like they had a great time, too! I love meeting "blog friends" too, it is so great, and you feel like you already know each other somewhat, so it makes it totally easy!

Kim said...

I always thought that once I had Preston my child would always be the different one, meanwhile due to this community I have more "friends" who have kids with dwarfism than average height! When I first met Emily it was so awesome! I consider her such a close friend. Then meeting Danielle-it was like I have known her forever! I cannot wait to meet more people this summer! Maybe Pres and I will take a trip to Texas and meet Cole and then head to my friend Jessica in McKinney!
You look so good in all these pics!

Greene Family said...

How fun! It looks like Cole and Jagger became good buddies right away too! I have had such a great time meeting meeting a few friends for our blogging community, and like Destini and Kim said, you already feel like you have known each other for so long!

Meredith said...

Ok, I love the comparison to match.com but for friends!! I feel like I'm meeting friends who could very well be life-long friends!!! So fun that we've gotten to hang out a little, um, especially since we live in the SAME CITY!! We'll have to get together!! Also, happy (late) birthday!!! Although, I'm slightly jealous that you've got 3 years until you're 30, and I'm knocking on the door (30 in June!) :)