Apr 4, 2009

a bluebonnet kinda day

I know I have a million posts in waiting, but we were driving home today and spotted the most beautiful field of bluebonnets! I thought it was a great idea until....we discovered they were filled with bees! AHHH! I'm allergic, but lucky enough none of us got stung and we got a few cute pics of the boy. Bluebonnets are the Texas state flower just give you a little history ;) I got this idea from a blog friend turned real friend named Summer. She is a photographer and so talented. My pictures don't even come close to hers, but it was still fun anyway. I'm hoping to find another field in the area with better flowers and a day where Cole actually wants to smile at the camera.










we even managed to find a lady bug amongst all the scary bees...

24 sweet comments:

The Lee Family said...

Pictures are cute, such a great state flower. I believe ours is a magnolia which really is a tree. Hope you dont mind me "blog stalking" through nikki's blog. I am nice person, promise! :)

Jennifer said...

"A day where Cole actually wants to smile at the camera."????? Does Cole ever NOT smile!! That is the happiest boy ever and sooooo cute I can't stand it! Great pics by the way but what great subjects to work with!

Tiffany said...

Girl....I literally just got back from a road trip with my mom & sisters to Chapell Hill {near Brenham} to take pics of all the wild flowers!!! The Bluebonnets & Indian Paintbrushes were AMAZING!!!!!

Everyone had the same idea....take some cute pics in the Bluebonnets! Cole looks as handsome as ever!!

the nelson family said...

so cute! LOVE the bluebonnets! we are hoping to take pics of the girls on the way back from Dallas this weekend. Hoping to take the drive to Chappel Hill and Brenham next week!! Cole is so cute in his white shirt with the bluebonnets!

Meredith said...

Katie - those are some REALLY CUTE pictures!!!!! I'm so impressed!!!! Can't wait to see y'all!

The Leonard Four said...

these pics are PRECIOUS! where is this field??? i really want to get some pics of the girls in the bluebonnets...it's an annual tradition!

oh - and i LOVE the new layout...maybe one of my faves! :)

Heidi said...

cute, cute, cute!

Poefam said...

Those are AMAZING! The one of Cole and his Daddy is precious!!! You did a great job...we're wanting to find a bluebonnet patch/field (what do you call it!?) soon too!!!

Summer, Justin, Blake, and Sutton said...

Katie, what are you talking about? These pics are great! Cole is adorable and the bluebonnets are gorgeous ... perfect combo!! Love them! Hope to see you two very soon!!

c o'neill said...

There is a bluebonnet field on
Shiloh just north of George Bush in Richardson. If you go to East on 15th from 75 in Plano and turn South on Shiloh, it is on the left. (One block south of Renner and Shiloh in front of the Fujitsu building.) I went by on Friday and the field is HUGE and all of it is blue! I'm going there tomorrow with my photographer and my camera too! Your pictures are great!

B.E.A.L. said...

oh katie....you don't give yourself enough credit, these pictures are AWESOME and super cute! you have a bunch of framers for sure!

where is the field yall went to?

love the new layout!

Melisa said...

Those pictures are great. Cole looks like he was having a blast.

Emily said...

The bluebonnets are gorgeous...and so is Cole!

Holly said...

I love the pictures! Were these taken with the new lens?? They look great!! Cole is so cute!

Melissa Swartley said...

I love all the awesome pic's!!!! Cole is so adorable in the field of blue! I'm allergic to bee stings as well! That reminds me, I need to get a new epipen for the season! I'm glad to hear nobody got stung!!!!

Bobbi said...

What cute pics! Cole looks like he was having fun, too. I didn't know Bluebonnets were the state flower...great little history lesson! Glad you made it home safely.

Kim said...

That first picture is beyond adorable and should be framed at once! The bluebonnets are absolutely beautiful and gorgeous Cole fits in perfectly!

the rodriguez crew said...

ahhh those are no amateur pictures girlfriend!! FAB-U-LOUS! and man, I would've never known it was an "impromptu" shoot because ya'll all look adorable and put together!!

LOVE the shots of brooks and cole (major framers)!!

now chop chop, get to postin'. ;)

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
Cute pictures, Cole looks adorable as always~you are one brave mama to go in that field with all those bees!
Trisha

c o'neill said...

Anyone looking for a great and HUGE bluebonnet field go just south of Renner Road and Shiloh in Richardson. We went there today and it was beautiful (and did I mention HUGE?)! Our pics are at www.teamoneill.blogspot.com. And Cole is precious!!!

**I found your blog off of Team Carroll. Happy Birthday gbaby! :)

Danielle said...

this makes me want to drive as far as i have to and get some pics with the bluebonnets - awesome!

Tiffany said...

I Love this pictures! They're so beautiful and lucky you to have a boy that can keep his white shirt clean! So unfair. Anyway, great shoot!

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

i think these pictures are soooo cute!!! you have such a beautiful family! cole is the cutest!!! glad you didn't get stung by any bees!

The Weisser family said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!