Apr 9, 2009

Feeling Sentimental...

Today I was looking at Cole and realizing how quickly he is becoming a little boy and part of me got a little sad. I remember it being so hard in the beginning...the lack of sleep and adjusting to being a parent and how I couldn't wait for him to be just a little more independent. Well, that day has come and even though I know he still needs me, it's just becoming slightly less. He is getting his {big} personality and discovering new things every day. I love this stage....BUT I miss my little baby....sigh.










19 sweet comments:

sharon said...

they do grow up way too quickly i totally agree. thank you for the cute pics...i didnt know about your blog at the start and its great to see your trip down memory lane:)

the rodriguez crew said...

Ohhh I LOVE this post!! And I love seeing pictures of babyCole, because I haven't seen that many. Man, I just said to Matt last night... I can't even get him to hug and kiss me on demand anymore. He's way too busy for me anymore!! *sigh*

But they sure do make handsome little men, and they will ALWAYS need us thank goodness!! :)

Jillsblog said...

He is so cute!!! (and still is!) I love the pirate picture!!! Our boys will always need us right...? LOL

Tiffany said...

Awww, Katie....such a sweet post! He'll always be your baby boy & he'll always need you!

PS...sent you a msg on FB re: PSE :-)

the nelson family said...

how sweet! he is the cutest little thing! it is hard to watch them grow up and move from stage to stage! he is just adorable!

Melissa Swartley said...

Awwww!!!! I love all the super cute baby pic's of Cole!!! Ok, how did you manage to look so darn good right after delivery? No one is seeing that picture of me, I looked like hell! I'm missing those early days too! Sonya seems to be growing up too fast!

Jack's Mommy said...

Sweet punkin!! Love those pictures!! I know what you mean, I get teary eyed just thinking about it...

Kim said...

Oh look at the cutie pie COLE! Just want to squeeze him! He was a beautiful baby and now a beautiful little boy! It's amazing how fast Cole has grown before our eyes. I know it is sad that they grow, but wait until he talks up a storm, puts together his first big boy puzzle, makes his first big art project-these are just some of the things ahead for you Mommy!

Mattilyn Paige said...

He has always been the happiest baby! And soooo cute!!

Alex said...

Have another one then! LOL ;)

Seriously...he is beautiful, and YOU, you are a wonderful mom and person! You were the first person to help me when I was pregnant, I will NEVER forget that.
Our kids are amazing, let's cherish every moment we get with them!

Tiffany said...

Such cute pictures Kim! And it is so crazy how fast they grow up.

Heidi said...

there has to be SOMETHING we can do to stop them growing up so fast! It's not fair! LOL, love seeing Cole's baby pics again! So stinkin cute!!

Tonya said...

They do grow quickly! I am now seeing how tall Jacob is getting, he's almost as tall as me! Just know, each day he is getting closer to lie the life you have given to him and make you proud!!

B.E.A.L. said...

ummm....could he be any cuter?! I love this post since I didn't know you when he was a baby! LOVE all the baby pics of sweet Cole! Thanks for sharing...I want to squeeze that precious boy :)

Greene Family said...

So sweet!! I know just how you feel - Simon is growing up too fast too! I love all of the baby photos of Cole - always the cutie!

Bobbi said...

They DO grow up, right before your eyes...and it IS sad! Birthdays are hard on me, especially Ellie's. You have one adorable boy, Katie...he's so lucky to have you as his Mommy!

The Lance Family said...

They grow up so fast...I still can't believe my baby is almost 9 years old!! Cole is such a cutie....love the sweet newborn pics!!

Dunhams said...

It is so bittersweet how quickly they grow up...sometimes I just want to cry. I love all of Cole's baby pics!! Precious!

How Life Is Measured said...

Aaawww Katie! I got a little teary looking at these pictures. Cole is far and away one of the happiest babies I have ever seen! However - I hate you! Why did you look so good after Cole was born?! I looked TERRIBLE!!!
Take care!
Cat