Apr 13, 2009

make new friends but keep the old

Ahh, finally getting to my California posts! We will take this one nice and easy and start with the friends! These are my fabulous Alpha Phi sisters! I love these girls like they are family! Every time I come home we have to have a dinner or two and this trip was filled with 3 days of events....two dinners and a baby shower welcoming sweet Landon Crane! I could go months without talking or seeing these girls and we just pick right back up where we left off. I am so blessed to have these amazing friends in my life. There were a few girls at the shower that I haven't seen in a long time, so it was fun seeing those sisters!! Plus, one of them is having a future alpha phi legacy!!


These two wonderful girls were my roomates in college! We lived in a house that Alpha Phi's had lived in for years before us and years after us. I'm sad to say that I think the owner now lives back in his house...good bye sweet house. Ok, well if we are being honest with each other I must admit that I never really "lived" in this house. BUT I sure did pay rent there for a looong time! I was the best roomie ever! haha. I met my husband right before I moved out of my parents house and into Brentfield Manor and lets just say we played house for quite a while. My parents finally caught on so the cat was out of the bag a long time ago. P.S. Cole was not a happy camper at lunch...hence the pose for the picture.

Last but certainly not least. These are my friends from back in the day. Vanessa {on the left} I met in 2nd grade in Mrs. Smith's class! She is my oldest and dearest friend. Talk about being able to go a long time without talking, but pick up where we left off...this is us! We try and keep in touch, but sometimes life just happens. Pam {in the middle} was one of my best friends in high school. We lost touch YEARS ago so it was so much fun seeing her and her sweet newborn baby boy Ethan! Just holding him gave me a touch of baby fever ;) We talked and reminisced about the past and I got caught up on what all of my high school friends are up to these days. It was so fun seeing these girls!!

Ok, well that concludes the friends portion...next up family!

16 sweet comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! I'm sorry I missed your trip...the dinner you invited me to wasn't allowed by Ryan. He said I couldn't go. ;)

All this talk about baby fever from you makes me wonder....
hmmmmmm.

Alex said...

looks like you had such a great time!
You look beautiful too! :)

The Leonard Four said...

looks like a ton of fun! so glad to finally see the pics!!! can't wait for more...

Bobbi said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time with your college girlfriends. I love your yellow dress in the pics! You look beautiful, as always. ;)

the nelson family said...

how fun to go home and see your "old" friends! i always love those times! you look so pretty in all these pictures!

the rodriguez crew said...

lovin the cali posts! keep em coming! i bet it was awesome to see all of your girls again, and catch up. and I bet they LOVE them some cole as much as we all do!

LOVE your outfits in every picture! so stylish my friend!

Sarah said...

What a fun first post about Cali! I love girlie lunches and showers -especially with such great friends and am glad you had such a fun time. Can't wait to read more about your fuuuuun trip!

Caden and Mommy said...

awww ... fun times! It looks like Cole is getting into the I don't want anything to do with the camera stage ~ naughty! :0)

Holly said...

I love when you come home to visit...we all always have such a blast!!! I love our girls!! Thanks again for showin' the Cowboy love at my shower..Jon was VERY appreciative ;)

Greene Family said...

How fun to go home and visit with so many great friends that are like family!! It looks like you had an awesome trip! I love your yellow dress - you look great in all of the pictures!
When Jason and I transferred from a small college to Penn State, we planned on getting an apartment together. Luckily our parents suggested that we do so to split the rent while we were trying to figure out how we were going to tell them that was our plan! :)
Looking forward to more stories and pictures of your trip to CA!

B.E.A.L. said...

yay...a cali post! I loved seeing your friends from back in the day! looking forward to the rest of the pics from your trip!

The Lance Family said...

Okay...I have been waiting for the Cali posts for a long time :) Looks like you had so much fun!! Can't wait to see the other posts!

Destini said...

I am so just catching up on all the April posts! Cole has gotten to be a big boy! Maybe a sibling arriving in 2010?? :) You look so great in all the pictures, I am sooo jealous! Trace has the same sweater vest from Old Navy, glad to see that it fits over our boys' heads - I hadn't tried that yet! BTW, I love the picture of Brooks and Cole, where Cole is looking away over Brooks shoulder and his hair is blowing a little, what a great shot!

Kim said...

Katie my pretty friend! You look so great in all those pictures. Love the yellow dress! It's weird because sometimes I get baby fever even though Obviously Preston is enough for my to handle on my own, but themn I remember how much I love my sleep and get annoyed if he has to pee in the middle of the night! Maybe one day again though-not for a while, but I am sure we will be seeing a little sibling for Cole sometime in the future. Speaking of that bundle of love-just want to kiss that face. I need to plan a Texas trip!

Tiffany said...

Keep 'em coming, Katie! Lookin' forward to more Cali posts! Isn't it great to catch up with old friends & it seems as no time has passed!

Heidi said...

hey, did you ever get that package I sent you? I sent it several weeks ago.