Apr 22, 2009

you be the judge

Ok, so some of you know by now how completely awful, horrible Cole did last Saturday with his pictures. I thought I would be such a great mom and not force him to visit the Easter Bunny...well I was wrong! We booked a session with my friend's photog because she had the cutest little bunnies and chicks! Well, rewind the night before Cole had thrown up all over me...had horrible diarrhea and a fever. We just knew he wasn't in the right frame of mind, but we pushed on through anyway. The second we walked into her studio the waterworks began! I really think it was scary for him to see the big lights and black backdrop and maybe reminded him of all the xrays and mri's this poor kid has had. We had to try and get some shots out on her front porch...you be the judge on the whole 10 pictures we got of him...errr!

Click here.
click on client proofing
password: Johnson

The photographer was super nice and emailed me to see about a re shoot in this old historic area. So we went today and Cole did much better! I mean, we didn't get the best smiles, BUT we didn't get tears!

27 sweet comments:

Andrea said...

I don't know...there is something endearing about them!!!

Jack's Mommy said...

I think he looks adorable! The ones with him walking towards you are my favorite!

Anthea said...

Hehe, it seems he isn't too sure of the chicks! (I am sure that will change when he is around 15 or so!)For what it is worth, I think that the pics are just gorgeous, even if you didn't get that perfect smile.

The Leonard Four said...

poor baby...you can tell he just was not in the mood! BUT, i love the ones of him on the porch! super cute and i think keepers for sure!

Becky said...

these are not that bad, Katie. I was expecting a complete and total meltdown pic. These are pretty cute - especially the ones of him walking on the porch. can't wait to see the ones you did today!

the nelson family said...

oh my gosh he is adorable! i llove 14 and 15. they are too cute!

The Lance Family said...

poor baby! I think 13, 14, 15, & 16 are the great!! I LOVE 13 & 14!!!

the rodriguez crew said...

oh my gosh I was just coming to write, 13-16 are TO.DIE.FOR!!! Like I don't think you could've gotten better than those!!!

I actually love some of the closeups with the chicks too, but man those last ones are perfection!!!

Amanda said...

I love the walking ones! Seriously adorable! :)
How did he do with the little animals? Was he afraid of them?

Melisa said...

I love them! I don't think Cole could ever take a poor picture.

Holly said...

Even with the tears, these are still adorable pictures! If I were you, I would order a couple of those mini meldown pictures with the chicks, they may be fun to look back on someday! But the last pictures of him walking are precious!!!!

Tiffany said...

Katie, I think he looks adorable, even in the sad ones.

B.E.A.L. said...

the ones on the porch are great!

I also think the ones of him with the chicks captures some great facial expressions and are cute.

can't wait to see how the re-shoot turns out!

Jaime said...

Even though you can see some pouting in a few of them, I still love them! I think the ones on the porch at adorable! I'm impressed that he went for having the chick on his shoulder - Caitlyn would have freaked out!

The Book of Renee and Ryan said...

I love the picture with the chick on his shoulder!

Meredith said...

After hearing about it, I was expecting to see a red face and tears in every picture! The ones of him walking on the porch are super cute - although I know they're not very "Easter-y" but I really like the first picture, B/W with the chicks on his lap. That would be a good one from the session!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
Those pictures are cute ... I LOVE the ones of him walking on the porch. I can't believe Cole tolerated the chicks. I hate it when our little ones aren't feeling 100%. Caden was sick when we had his professional pics taken in December ... and I wished afterwards that I had rescheduled ~ even though nobody else could tell he was sick ... a momma knows :0)
Can't wait to see Take 2 of the pics!
Trisha

Team Carroll said...

Seriously Katie...these are PRECIOUS!!!!! Even when he's not his happiest, Cole is the CUTEST kid ever!!! I mean seriously! If this isn't his best, I'm DYING to see the re-shoot!!! Let's be honest...this kid can't take bad pictures!! Hope he starts feeling better soon!!

Melissa Swartley said...

Awww! Any pictures of Cole are always cute no matter what! I really love his pout in #17 Too cute! We have a place around here that does the same stuff for Easter with live bunnies and chicks. One Easter, when Akela was only a year and a few months we went and had to watch her closely with the chicks, she threw one! Don't worry, the poor little fluffy guy was ok! We missed it this year, but I can't wait to see how Sonya will be with them next year! :) Again, love all the pic's of Cole! He is just so sweet!

Bobbi said...

I thought they were all cute! I esp liked the one with the little chicky on his shoulder. Too cute!

sharon said...

The pics are just adorable..especially the walking ones. Cole is so adorable even when he isnt smiling his best...look forward to seeing the next ones

Kim said...

I think they came out really cute Katie. Some he was crying, but in most he was smiling. I love the one with the chick on his shoulder. I also am a big fan of the ones of him walking. He looks adorable, not matter if he is crying or smiling. I think he is the cutest thing in the world anyway....so I am biased. :-)

Greene Family said...

The photos are so adorable - goodness, Cole is such a cutie!! I can't believe that he did so well with the chicks! I would have been super nervous since there is a good chance that Simon probably would have tried to throw them and watch them try to fly. The photos of him walking on the porch are definitely keepers - so handsome and so happy!!

The Bradley Fam said...

I love number 16!

Lucy said...

he is such a cutie. I do love getting photos of big ole' smiles, but there is also something sorta sweet about those serious faces... maybe it is just me?!

Jennjilla said...

Aww, those are cute pics! Seriously, Cole is adorable no matter what he's doing - and meltdown pictures are just awesome! We have lots of Sawyer, espeically from when we pay our photog tons of money to take them! :)

Were you the hand model for the session? :)

erica said...

I loved all of them. I am always exhausted after photo shoots. I have learned that even the "not so good" photos turn out to be some of the best. They capture what life is really like, especially with a two year old. How can you go wrong with any pictures of Cole. He is just too cute for words!