May 11, 2009

Cole n’ art don’t mix

Let me start by saying that I have been getting to know some amazing new moms in my area! One of my friends Summer, organized this playdate over at Kids N Art last Friday afternoon. They were awesome with the kids! I mean come on…we had around 20 moms and 20 toddlers! I fondly like to call it organized chaos! The kids got to play before they did art which was great and Cole ran to the toys without looking back. Now, the art he wasn’t so much into. He wanted to take the paintbrush and run, but I trucked on. There were a few tears shed, by more than just Cole but as soon as I let him get up he was perfectly happy. They had music time and bubbles! Here is the beautiful art project that Cole {umm maybe mom} did! After art we headed over to Corner bakery from some delish sandwiches! The kids did great and let us chat it up. There were only 7 moms that headed to lunch. Can you imagine if everyone went!?

 Art1

IMG_6816  IMG_6772

IMG_6776

IMG_6779 

IMG_6783

  IMG_6784

IMG_6787

 IMG_6805

IMG_6811

IMG_6815

17 sweet comments:

tq said...

Katie he is just TOO cute. I don't know how you take it! :-) It's awesome that you have such a great group of moms and kids to hang out with.

Kalli said...

I like the photo with the sucker the best. Dum dums are great!

Katie said...

That looks like so much fun! I hope I can find a group of mommas to join when I have kiddos!

Dunhams said...

I love that last picture of Cole sleeping! He's so precious! Madeline seems to love it too b/c she's sitting here saying "Night, night Cole" and giving him kisses...and yes, I'm making her sit here so I can get caught up on blogs :)

Jennifer said...

Love those little achon handprints! Aren't they the cutest! Cole is such a sweetheart. I can't wait for the day that we will actually meet in person. Maybe next year's LPA Conference, huh. Isn't it in Nashville?

the rodriguez crew said...

look at that sweet sleeping face, all tuckered out from art mania! I love it! WHAT FUN. I know you can imagine HOW jealous I am of your little playdate fieldtrips!!!

I'm back in business FINALLY...all of the blogs have been JACKED on my browser for a week, so it's fixed and I'm motivated to catch up!! Stay tuned for all things Jagger!!! :)

Summer, Justin, Blake, and Sutton said...

LOVED seeing you!! Cole is so adorable and I loooove that last pic of him sleeping. Nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby. Can't wait to play again soon!

Jack's Mommy said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! I love sweet projects made by our little guys! Looks like you got a good nap out of it too!!

Annie said...

Love it!!! I love the lolipop picture! His little eyes are adorable!!!! We had so much fun! I wish Sutton would have driven home so I could sleep like Cole!! I was exhausted!!

Meredith said...

Super fun! I'm loving all these get togethers!!! The one of you and Cole is a really good picture of both of you (too bad Cole is looking the other way - story of my life when I try to get a pic with Reid!) And, you're totally a "real life" friend now!!!

Brian Hedger said...

Really cute photos and what a great activity. Glad not all of the moms decided to go to lunch. Whew!

Lisa said...

Oh, that comment above was from Lisa. I accidently was posting and didn't realize Brian was already signed in. Ooops! : )

Team Carroll said...

SUCH a great pic of you and Cole! Okay, so even though it was a little stressful, we still had TONS of fun!! I'm so glad we got to see you guys Friday!! Can't wait to hang out with y'all again...SOON! PS: that pic of Cole with the lollipop is TO.DIE.FOR...such a cutie!!!!!

Greene Family said...

What a fun playdate and Wow - 20 kids - fun! Love the photos - Cole is so handsome and just adorable!! Love the lollipop photo!

Holly said...

Well I have to say that I can't blame Cole - I would much rather eat a sucker than paint too!! He had the right idea!! LOL!! Cole is too cute, especially in that teeny apron!

Kim said...

ACHON HANDPRINTS! Love them. You will always knnow which handprint is Cole's. Katie-seriously he is the cuteset kid in the world. That last picture is so sweet. I started using the live writer. It is musch easier for picture posts. I cannot believe you guys went there with 20 kids. Unreal! How do you remember everyone's names? Ok now let's talk Mother's Day. I love the necklace so much. I also am loving your style with Cole and the button down under the tee shirt. Very chic. The problem is now Preston has a voice that voices too many opinions with clothing. TOO MANY! Give Cole a big smooch. He is to die for!

Bobbi said...

What fun! Cole may be the next Monet. I love every single picture of him. He is the cutest!!! Can't wait to meet up with summer (fingers crossed).