May 1, 2009

i am DONE with bluebonnets!

If Cole could speak in full sentences, I'm sure that is what he would be saying. Just observe the last photo shoot we had with our friends Becky and Jorja in the bluebonnets....both kids cried the entire time, but were great at lunch afterwards! Go figure...



We tried standing up...


We tried sitting down...


We tried bribery...

We tried sitting in mom's lap...

All I wanted was one good shot, but I never got it...



Seriously, what kind of mom lets their child scream and cry all for the hopes of just one good shot!? ME!! That's who. Mother of the year right here. For those of you that think Cole is just one big ball of smiles...here is proof.

15 sweet comments:

Emily said...

Oh, but I think the top one of you and Cole together is precious!!

Tiffany said...

Freakin' hilarious!!!

You know....it's not always smiles, but these are great nonetheless!! He'll look back and laugh at them one day!!

I agree...the 1st one of you two is cute :-)

Alex said...

That is too funny!!! I know what you mean...I have put Sam through HELL so many times just to take pictures!!! LOL

the rodriguez crew said...

HYSTERICAL! I know that feeling of wanting just "one good shot," and I will rarely give up on it! but I agree, these will be hilarious to look back on -- love all of the captions too.

and darnit, y'alls outfits were so CUTE! ;)

Kim said...

The first pic of you guys is really good. Poor Cole. I agree, there are times I am begging Preston for a good picture. Like I am sweating, begging, almost in tears for that one good shot. Pathetic I know. Then again I seem to be begging Preston to do everything nowadays. Even crying Cole is the cutest kid-and always the fashion maven!

Becky said...

I am seriously laughing hysterically as I remember this AWESOME day with our kiddos. I'm still in disbelief of the absolute FEAR our kids had of those silly bluebonnets - but did that stop the mommarazzi? NEVER! Never a dull moment when we get the lovebirds together!

Destini said...

Even with the tears you got some great pics! Hopefully Cole is young enough to not need therapy over your photo obsession...LOL! I've got both of my kids camera trained - now they both want to take pictures all the time too!

Ever Changing said...

These pics are still so cute! The crying photos seem to be the ones that I look back on the most with Lilah and just get a big smile on my face! Reminds me that she really does maintain most of the control! lol

sharon said...

I love the top photo of the tw0 of you...i think all our children are the same....know when you are desparate for the greatest photo so cry and dont cooperapte!! I am expert at missing the best shots!!

Melissa Swartley said...

Awwww!!!! He is too cute even with the tears! LOL! I do the same with my kids for the perfect shot! I am not alone! Yay!

Greene Family said...

These are precious pictures, even though Cole is not so happy, he is always adorable! I love the first one of the two of you - very sweet! You're not alone - I think we all have a bit of mommarrazi in us! :)

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
I think that is one downfall of our boys growing up ~ it's harder to get them to cooperate for the camera :0( Kind of like my attempt to get pictures of Caden by the tulips on the front porch!
Even though Cole was sad there is still something cute about them!
Trisha

Team Carroll said...

freakin' adorable!!!!

this is what being a mommy is all about...desperately trying to get that "perfect" shot no matter what it takes.

where did you find the bluebonnets?!?!? i wanna go!!!

Kristi Joy said...

Girlie...you are definitely not the only mom who lets their kiddo cry to get one good shot! That's the story of my life. Just one good picture and I'll stop...or so I say!

Love watching your cute little guy in all his glory! You're a sweet mama and he's a cutie!

Dunhams said...

Hilarious!! Sorry you never got your shot :( They're still super cute! I totally would've done the same thing though :)