May 10, 2009

mother’s day rewind…

We had a very relaxed mother’s day this year! It’s really my first one that I got to celebrate with my little guy because last year we were in Vegas for a wedding. Brooks had envisioned Cole carrying in some roses to me and well…he pretty much dragged them over losing a few petals along the way BUT it seriously melted my heart. I think I have the BEST husband and son a girl could ask for!IMG_7080

IMG_7026

IMG_7030

IMG_7048

Brooks knows that I love flowers, but hate when he pays way too much for them. So, he got me 2 red roses. There was a rose from Cole and a rose from Brooks! They represented the two boys in my life. I thought it was so very sweet and perfect!

IMG_7046

Did I mention how advanced my 21 month old is? He even signed his own name on the card AND I got an outline of his adorable hand!! {ok, I was just kidding about him signing his own name…he had a little help}

   IMG_7025

My friend Kara was sporting this beautiful necklace last week at dinner and I just had to have one of my own!! There is a J for Johnson, a C for Cole and a B for Brooks. I now have my family with me at all times! You can add on to it for any future Johnsons added to the mix ;) It’s by a company called waxing poetic and we got it at one of my favorite stores in Downtown McKinney called Ambrosia! Over time the gold C should fade which I love!

IMG_7039

One last gift I got…as much time to play with my blog uninterupted!! Yes!!! Cole decided to take a really long nap and when he woke up daddy took him on a walk so that I could relax. I’ve been sick all weekend, so it was nice getting to rest and catch up on the blog and facebook…just my little not so secret obsession :)

{make sure to keep reading because I have one more fun post below}

19 sweet comments:

Holly said...

I love the picture of Cole dragging your flowers! So sweet!!! I love the necklace too! My mother's day gift from Jon was a charm bracelet w/ a little diamond baby (boy) charm on it. I can't wait to add an "L" or his birth stone later on!

The Wilson Family said...

Happy Mother's Day Sweet Friend!! I had so much fun hanging at dinner Thursday night! And, only a few more weeks until I can hang out during the day, too! LOVE the necklace- it looks so cute on you!! What a sweet boys you have! :) And, love the new blog layout- so cute!!!

Danielle said...

Your necklace is just too pretty! I've been on their website trying to figure out what 3 I would want. I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day!!

Tiffany said...

Love the new blog look! I have the same kit from Sweet Shoppe....LOVE it!!!

Looks like you had a fabulous Mother's Day!! You deserve it!!! Love the necklace :-)

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh how sweet!!! I just love the pic's of cutie Cole bringing you roses! So adorable!!! Your necklace is beautiful too and yay for uninterrupted blogging time! Love the new background by the way! Happy Mother's Day!

B.E.A.L. said...

Happy Mother's Day Katie! I am so glad you had a fabulous day! It was time well spent because your new blog layout is PRECIOUS!!! LOVE IT!

the pictures are perfect...your necklace is too cute and Brooks gets some serious points!

The Leonard Four said...

happy mother's day, friend!

love the new look...love the new necklace! glad you had a great day! :)

Alex said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!!! Love the card!! Happy mother's day to you Katie!

Mattilyn Paige said...

Super cute new blog layout! And your necklace is adorable...and don't think I missed the "wink" about adding more it :) We're waiting for baby Johnson #2!

Melisa said...

Happy Mother's Day to you. Don't you just love this day!

Caden and Mommy said...

Happy Mother's Day Katie! Your boys are so cute taking good care of you ~ I Love the picture of Cole dragging roses to you :0) Cole's new playset looks like lots of fun - the picture of cole's little foot climbing the ladder is my favorite!

sharon said...

I love all the pics.its great to hear you had the day that you deserved. I love the new blog look too:)

Jodi said...

I love that necklace! I actually asked Stephen for a similar one, for Mother's Day, (didn't know he had the camera in mind instead!) Maybe I will get one soon too! And, btw your blog is SO cute!! Don't you just love uninterrupted time on the computer!!?? :) Happy Mother's Day!
Love-J

The Lance Family said...

L.O.V.E. the necklace...I might have to venture out and get one of those!! Although, I think my new camera might just be my Mother's Day, Anniversary, and Birthday present all wrapped into one!! Oh well...
You have the sweetest 2 boys in your life...love it!!
I hope you feel better soon!!

Dunhams said...

What a sweet Mother's Day! I LOVE your new necklace!!

Team Carroll said...

LOVE the necklace!! YAY...SO glad you got it!!! That totally makes me want one, too!! You & Cole seriously take the best pics together...SO sweet!! I'm so glad you had a good Mother's Day :) I just hope you start feeling better, soon!!

Destini said...

Brooks has the sweetest ideas! Cole is just too adorable carrying those roses! I love your necklace too! Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Greene Family said...

So sweet!! I love the photo of Cole dragging the roses to you - he's such a cutie! Love your necklace too!
Happy Belated Mother's Day! Love your new blog look!

Jenn said...

Oh I love the necklace - gonna' have to get one too! Finally got to catch up on my Johnson fam reading....always fun! Love you....oh, and the new look is AMAZING!!!!!!!!